Game 2017.96: Tigers at Twins

That looked like a good team playing baseball last night. The same team that the night before looked like they were auditioning for Bozo’s Big Top. Not sure what to make of them, so how about a nice article about Willie Horton.

Today’s Lineup:

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
  2. Alex Presley, C
  3. Justin Upton, LF
  4. Alex Avila, C
  5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
  6. Victor Martinez, DH
  7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
  8. Andrew Romine, 1B
  9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Pitching: Jordan Zimmerman vs Kyle Gibson

Alex Avila gets to tell his grandchildren about the time he hit cleanup. Brand found another Alex to plug into the 2nd spot.

Still no Adduci. I smell a conspiracy.

Cabrera day-to-day with a bruised clavicle, which is a South American musical instrument very similar to the xylophone. Apparently he has been staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to master this thing, hence the hitting slump.

1. Jud

July 22, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Zimmerman throw 5 fastballs exactly down the middle at 93…score 3-0…hey Zim… Try the corners.. Or slider.. Or change up.. Something!!!!

• Tony de Florida

July 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Zimm’s really earning that big pay check tonight. Doesn’t go 4 tonight I’d rather take my chances with Boyd and Farmer.

2. Jud

July 22, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Zimmerman.. What a waste of good money and it’s not even my money… I officially second the Farmer, Boyd idea Tony.

3. Tony de Florida

July 22, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Meanwhile I was wondering if it’s Kyle Gibson or Bob Gibson pitching for the Twinkies. Can’t be Bob, Tigers beat Bob when it counted.

4. Tony de Florida

July 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Looks like the Twinkies brought their own clown show.

5. Coleman

July 22, 2017 at 10:47 pm

Wait, I just woke up.

6. Jud

July 22, 2017 at 11:05 pm

In case you were wondering about a 9th inning rally the Tigers are 0/44 now when trailing after 8…Nice try though should earn them juice boxes….
    KINS.. Casty.. VMart.. Avila – 1/13 that’s without a Miggy 0/4….meanwhile the Toledo boys carry the Offense again..

• Tony de Florida

July 23, 2017 at 10:57 am

Jud, the Tiger’s press folks would tell you they’re due. I still hope Miggy sits until the Astro’s come to town, it has to do his body some good and might help him clear his mind some. Meanwhile, I’ve considered asking the President and Congress to apply stiff sanctions against Venezuela for influencing our national pastime.

7. Smoking Loon

July 23, 2017 at 3:09 am

Might wanna rethink this Avila batting #2 (or anywhere but the bottom of the order) thing. He’s batting .234 from May 26 on. 1 HR in his last 90 PA.

Too bad about Zimmermann. On the bright side, there are probably no more than 85 or so starts like this left to endure,

• Tony de Florida

July 23, 2017 at 10:39 am

Loon, you have really brightened my Sunday morning!

8. Smoking Loon

July 23, 2017 at 3:20 am

Is that John Grubb? I should know every face on that team. Testing my knowledge.

• Coleman

July 23, 2017 at 8:21 am

It’s the legendary Pat Sheridan, who homered against the Twins in the 1987 playoffs. With Jack Morris on base as a pinch runner, because things like that were allowed back then.

• Tony de Florida

July 23, 2017 at 10:49 am

Yes lots of stuff was allowed back then, like breaking up DP at second, running over catchers, getting a hit during an intentional walk attempt and throwing more than 100 pitches per start (as long as you were getting outs). I’ve wondered how much shorter Jack’s career might have been today?

• Smoking Loon

July 24, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Pat Sheridan. I’m a dummy. I see an old photo and think ’84 every time. The ’87 team I *don’t* know all that well.

9. HelpMeMakeitThruThe9th

July 23, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Miggy out on DL… Bruised ego… Just brutal right now.