A bulleted list of the day that was in Florida:
- Justin Verlander made his second start and allowed just one hit in 3 innings. Denny Bautista continued to impress with 2 innings and a lone walk as the only blemish as the Tigers beat the Phillies
- Oh yeah, and Carlos Guillen went deep
oncetwice and Magglio Ordonez hit his first dinger of the spring.
- Wilkin Ramirez continues to impress. From a tools standpoint he’s one of the better prospects in the Tigers system, but injuries have kept him from translating that into performance.
- Speaking of injuries Tigstown started a series providing an in depth explanation for the various injuries plaguing the Tigers. First up is shoulder tendinitis.
- The Tigers were victorious against Pittsburgh as well. Yorman Bazardo made the start and allowed no hits, but 3 walks in his 2 innings.
- Rick Porcello took a turn as well and it wasn’t quite as easy as 6 up 6 down. But he wasn’t exactly rocked either. He allowed 3 hits, but two were infield singles and on the day he only allowed 1 ball out of the infield. He did walk two hitters however.
- And Granderson finally tripled. It’s about time. [sarcasm]
- What’s fun about split squad days is seeing some of the guys from the minor league camp getting a chance to play. Audy Ciriaco, Danny Worth, and Deik Scram were just some of the guys who got a chance to play today.