1. Max was not sharp early. Lots of hits. Ks and double plays will fix that. He got into a groove in the middle innings and stayed there until the 7th.
2. Lots of weak outs vs. Haren. His stuff was good. I know we like to blame the Tiger bats, but sometimes you gotta give credit where its due.
3. We rarely see Cabrera with such weak swings and bad at-bats. Something is not right. Makes me nervous about his core.
4. VMart was solid at 1B tonight.
5. There will not be many outfield assists this year. Get used to it.
6. What in the world was Martinez doing on a delayed steal? Unless he’s taking Twinkies from Miggy’s locker, Martinez should not be attempting to steal anything.
7. Phil Coke cannot give up the game winning hit to a lefty. His days are numbered.