Every year brings a few changes to Comerica Park. Sometimes it’s new menu items, or food, signage, or game presentation. This year brings a little of everything.
- Last year when General Motors was in the throes of bankruptcy they couldn’t sponsor the centerfield fountain so Mike Ilitch used it as a way to support the Big 3. Things are looking up for GM I guess because they are now sponsoring the fountain again.
- I didn’t partake in the new garlic fries or sliders, but I was thrilled to see that the hot dog vendors aren’t toting the pre-packaged dogs with soggy buns anymore. They had the old Tiger Stadium style containers with buns on one side, dogs on the other, and they put them together complete with mustard. Awesome.
- The rally towels that were handed out had World Series 2009 stickers on them. Me thinks they were meant to be used last fall.
- Scott Sizemore’s walk up music was Ted Nugent. Nice choice for the rookie.
- For the last couple years the Tigers have played Daft Punk’s One More time after wins. They didn’t today. Not sure what it was (I’m not so good at remembering songs/artists).
- With the crowd of 45K there were certain logistical issues. Restroom lines were 2 innings long. Concession lines were lengthy (except for the poor lonely guy out in the cold and wind selling lemonade). And the season ticket VIP red carpet entrances were used by everyone.