Mmm Bacon

by billfer on May 8, 2009 · 12 comments

in 2009 Season,Minors

Do you have a bad taste in your mouth from last night’s Tigers/White Sox game? Get rid of that bad taste with Bacon Lovers Night at tonight’s Toldeo Mud Hens game. The first 5000 fans will receive bacon scented air freshners and bags of bacon flavored sunflower seeds will be handed out after the game.

*I realize this post barely has anything to do with baseball, but it is a Tigers affiliate and I do like bacon. Plus I have 5 yards of mulch to spread today and have limited blogging time. It’s kind of a shame I wasted it on this.

{ 12 comments }

Ronnie J. DeLaura May 8, 2009 at 9:59 am

Ha ha ha, best post in a while. If I didnt have a warrant out for my arrest in Ohio I would consider going down there.

Kurt May 8, 2009 at 10:29 am

as michigan residents, I think we’re born with an arrest warrant in ohio

rings May 8, 2009 at 10:31 am

I’m still busy boycotting Toledo until the Mayor is out of office.

Shane Trapped in Toledo May 8, 2009 at 11:10 am

Do not punish the Mudhens or downtown businesses because of the mayor. I myself plan on heading on down.

Kyle J May 8, 2009 at 11:12 am

Are ya achin’ . . . for some bacon?

Scott May 8, 2009 at 11:48 am

Billfer, post about bacon anytime you want. Personally, I think crumbled bacon should be a universal condiment. And I mean real bacon!

Five yards of mulch? Oh, you’re going to be sore tomorrow. You must have some serious landscaping. Did you end up going with Stone City? If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay per yard? I’m going to have to get some soon myself.

billfer May 8, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I’m sore now! We did use Stone City and it was $34 per yard, plus a $34 delivery charge.

Matt in Toledo May 8, 2009 at 11:49 am

Boycotting Toledo because of Carty? I’m sorry, but that’s weak.

I was going to make a joke about dressing like a cop and hoping to get in free for bacon night, but Carty coming up made me realize the joke would probably be lost.

rings May 8, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Nope…sorry.
NO TOLEDO UNTIL THE FINK IS GONE!
We used to go see the Mud Hens at least once a year, hit a few bars, etc., usually as part of a Det or Clev road trip. Vote him out and we’d love to come back to games. In the meantime, we won’t spend a dime in Toledo.

We get the joke, Matt (har-har)…but unfortunately, he’s still in office.

Don in Denver May 8, 2009 at 2:20 pm

This is a great post. Broke me out to the RSS reader to comment. I nearly laughed out loud.

Good luck with the mulch, and with your back tomorrow. Lift with the knees!

Dave May 8, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Speaking of bacon – My son turned me on to Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing with Bacon. Almost good enough to drink with a straw.

Ken in Vegas May 8, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Everybody do yourself a favor: go to youtube.com and type in “Jim Gaffigan Bacon”. The best 5 minute stand-up segment you will ever see–and all on bacon! “Even the sound of bacon cooking sounds like applause”

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site