Spring has Sprung

Justin Verlander, Joel Zumaya, and Jeremy Bonderman report early - Credit Roger DeWitt

The Tigers are invading Lakeland. Justin Verlander, Jeremy Bonderman, and Joel Zumaya are among those who have reported early to camp. I’m particularly fond of the World Series hat that Verlander is wearing.

Pitchers and catchers are due to report en masse on February 15th.

Oh yeah, and you can save the pitchers-fielding-practice jokes.

Photo Credit: Roger DeWitt

Posted by on February 5, 2007.

Categories: 2007 Season, Spring Training

1. Friggin’ awesome.

by Worm on Feb 6, 2007 at 12:17 am

2. Pitcher’s fielding practice? Ha.

by Adam on Feb 6, 2007 at 12:29 am

3. Ooooooo!!!!! I cannt wait for the season to start. One of these times I would love to go down to Lakeland and watch some games. My cousin and uncle have been doing it for the past 2 years.

by Ronnie on Feb 6, 2007 at 7:01 am

4. That’s a beautiful photo.

by Kyle J on Feb 6, 2007 at 9:11 am

5. The Detroit Tigers’ version of ‘Abbey Road,’ no?

by Ian C. on Feb 6, 2007 at 10:36 am

6. And so it begins……

Not content with their success of last year, the Tigers top young pitchers has all reported to spring training EARLY. Verlander, Bonderman, and Zumaya know they’ll have to work that much harder to get over the top in 2007…….

by Be the Power on Feb 6, 2007 at 11:37 am

7. I’m all for a good work ethic, but am I the only one that’s worried that Verlander and Zumaya have already been working hard enough?

by Jeff M on Feb 6, 2007 at 1:36 pm

8. classic spring training photo

by Lee Panas on Feb 6, 2007 at 1:36 pm

9. Well That would be a great large sized poster. I think Zumaya got plenty of sun. I think Bondo got none.

Who is the guy in the orange top with the roadie hat on? Grilli???

Steve

by Steve "Just say no to Direct TV" on Feb 6, 2007 at 2:03 pm

10. That is a BEAUTIFUL pic……man I can’t wait for the season….and I recommend ANYONE go to Spring Training and check it out. I went a few years ago, and it was one of the most fun times of my life.

by Chris in Nashville on Feb 6, 2007 at 2:59 pm

11. Steve, pretty sure that’s Tata. And it’s nice to see that Bondo’s been working on his pitching deception. The opposing team’s gonna have a hard time seeing what he’s throwing when his entire body blends right into the home whites.

by Boston Fan in Michigan on Feb 6, 2007 at 3:16 pm

12. The odd thing is that Zumaya is supposed to be in Lansing for an autograph signing on the 10th. Guess he’s just getting a couple days of workouts in before heading north for a couple days…

by Neysahead on Feb 6, 2007 at 6:54 pm

13. I, too, first thought that was Tata. But I’m not feeling 100%.

by Kurt on Feb 7, 2007 at 1:34 am

14. I’m going to Lakeland for the first time this year (been to phoenix a few times cuz its closer and have a free place to stay there) ANY tips on Tigs Spring Training, Lakeland, places to eat, things to do, anything? I am ready to be there already.

by Joey the K on Feb 7, 2007 at 9:46 pm

15. That makes a very nice background on my monitor. Well if Bondo was back home in Washington, its understandable about his whiteness, I’m right there with him.

by Joey the K on Feb 7, 2007 at 9:48 pm

16. Great picture! Why aren’t those pitchers practicing fielding?

by Jojo SunDevil on Feb 11, 2007 at 4:25 am