Game 2016.131: White Sox at Tigers

The roller coaster continues. Luckily the Rangers did their part. Would have been nice to gain another game against the lowly Angels.

1. Cameron Maybin, CF

2. Ian Kinsler, 2B

3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B

4. Victor Martinez, DH

5. J.D. Martinez, RF

6. Justin Upton, LF

7. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C

8. Casey McGehee, 3B

9. Erick Aybar, SS

1. Pingback: Game 2016.131: White Sox at Tigers | Detroit Tigers

2. Pingback: Game 2016.131: White Sox at Tigers | Ruthian Sports

3. jud

August 29, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Shields will be the 3 or 4 pitcher with a 5-6 ERA in the past three days that gets to lower it by about a run cause he gets the Tigers. I wonder if pitchers have to pay their managers extra to not skip the Pussycat offense!…..

4. jud

August 29, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Worst baserunning team in all of baseball. Shields throws a pickoff into centerfield JD goes back to second then barely makes third. Then with the infield back, Salty knocks the first baseman over , Abreu turns backwards , falls down, gets up…..JD is standing on 3rd yet….only the Tigers…trying to make the playoffs…..

5. Tony de Florida

August 29, 2016 at 8:39 pm

No matter how hard Shields tries to give us a run, we won’t take it. 1 run in 4 innings and low pitch count, is this a ringer? Meanwhile Boyd may not go more than 2 innings bases on his 80+ pitch count. Is this a 1st team to use their pen loses game?

6. Tony de Florida

August 29, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Jud, you’re right once again. Ball 4 Strike 3!

7. jud

August 29, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Atta boy JD..3/2 bases loaded….pitch in the other batters box…swing batter batter..swing!

8. jud

August 29, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Thats my boy!….JUp…dinger!

9. jud

August 29, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Now how in the world can you bring in JWilson in a tie game?? Been scored on 8 of his last 9 games!……nevermind!

10. Tony de Florida

August 29, 2016 at 9:35 pm

I don’t know how you all feel about this game but for me it’s a downer. I have watched Shields pitch 6 complete innings giving up only 2 runs and we have probably lost Maybin for at least another week. Oops, Shields may even win this now that Saladino went yard.

11. Tony de Florida

August 29, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Our crack broadcasting team just put up a slide saying Shields pitched 5 innings, Rod just corrected it to 6.

12. jud

August 29, 2016 at 10:07 pm

13-13 in August as the Tigers march towards the playoffs..Kansas City now tied and tomorrow they will go 1 up..but Brad and the Tigers aren’t worried..

.I’ve seen people laying in a funeral home with more fire than the Tigers have….

13. jud

August 29, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Can’t believe I saw what I just looked at….Salty does it ,yet again, and again ,and again!

14. Tony de Florida

August 29, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Salty may not have a bunch of hits but he sure has a lot of important ones. Good thing, The Twinkies shut the Indians out for 9 innings but Cleveland won 1-0 in the 10th.

15. StorminNorman$

August 30, 2016 at 5:02 pm

McGahee sent down, Jacoby Jones (rookie) gets the start at 3B tonight… Boyd also sent down…hmmmm. JJones may not yet be ready, but I predict some day he’s going to be a MLB everyday player…

Maybin obviously re-injured his thumb – I didn’t watch the game, did he slide headfirst on the SB that caused his injury? if so, why – and/or why wasn’t he wearing one of those ‘thumb guards’ I’ve seen a few MLB player wear while running the bases?

16. StorminNorman$

August 30, 2016 at 5:31 pm

i’ll go on record as agreeing w/technology calling balls & strikes – leaving an ump behind the plate to tend to other home plate ump duties.

I’ve seen far too many games effected by an ump’s wandering or selective strike zone…

as Samuelson suggests, I doubt it will happen anytime soon – but if I had a vote I would impose it beginning in ’17 – if the applicable and acceptable technology is available (which I believe it is).