Tigers Make Line Change

by billfer on June 6, 2008 · 7 comments

in 2008 Season,Injuries,Roster Management,Uncategorized

The Tigers announced a ton of roster moves today:

• Clete Thomas and Ramon Santiago hit the 15 day DL
  • Mike Hollimon and Brent Clevlen were brought up to take their places.
  • Aquilino Lopez was placed on the bereavement list and Denny Bautista was reinstated from the DL.

{ 1 trackback }

{ 6 comments }

Ken from Cincinnati June 6, 2008 at 2:14 pm

Anyone going to the game tonight? I’m traveling through Michigan and thought I would get a couple games in along with some poker play at MGM. While I’ve been to Comerica before, what do you think the best seat value is if I’m looking to be economically frugal. Also, what’s a good place to “tailgate” or grab a few beers before the game. I can only remember the Hockey Town USA and Johnny Rockets, which I know doesn’t have brews.

cib June 6, 2008 at 2:29 pm
Eric Cioe June 6, 2008 at 2:46 pm

Condolences to Lopez and those around him.

I’m excited and cautiously optimistic about Bautista again. He never did get hit hard, just couldn’t command anything. But because he often missed to the same spot (up and in on a RHB), I hope that the issue was merely mechanical and that he works it out.

What happened to Clete to hit the DL? I know about Santiago’s shoulder, but Clete?

I’m excited to see if Clevlen can continue his hot streak up in Detroit. He had a pretty high BABIP in Toledo, and he’s still striking out a ton, but he seems to have changed his approach at least a little and it seems to work for him. No one ever questioned his defense, either.

And I’m just plain excited to see Hollimon. He sounds like a solid baseball player.

Rick G June 6, 2008 at 3:03 pm

Ken – to be real cheap, go to stubhub.com and jump on some 200 level mezzanine seats – I like those better than the 300 level infield ones which feel like they’re a mile high. Section 217-218 is actually a pretty good view, 213 is getting a little farther away, but stubhub has tickets for $7 in that section. Good luck and have fun!

Tbone June 6, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Round and round they go, where the Hens stop, nobody knows.

Ken – I agree with Rick G. on the mezzanine if your looking for cheap seats but only Sections 216-219.

And as far as pre or post-game tailgating goes you’ll get lots of different opinions. I’m partial to the Old Shillelagh (349 Monroe) or the Detroit Beer Co. at 1529 Broadway.

Dave BW June 6, 2008 at 5:12 pm

As I recall, Clete twisted his ankle or twisted some such thing when running to second the other day. It was right before the play where he was thrown out at home.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site