Game 64: White Sox at Tigers
PREGAME: The division leading White Sox come to town. It will be Jose Contreras and Nate Roberson tonight.
Contreras isn’t the same crappy pitcher the Tigers have beaten up on lately. He’s only allowed 10 walks in his last 7 starts. In his last six starts he’s averaged 7 innings a start and has a 1.50 ERA.
Robertson is Robertson. So the first team to five runs wins.
Game Time 7:05
POSTGAME: Hey, the Tigers beat the White Sox and have taken 3 of their last 4 against division opponents. Yeah they are still 10 games back but it beats being 12 games back, at least by a little.
- Robertson held the White sox to 3 runs, one of which plated after he left the game. And he pickedup 19 of the 27 outs meaning a tired bullepn got a reprieve.
- Speaking of the bullpen, for the second appearance in a row, The New Sexy came in with the bases loaded and one out. This time one run crossed the plate on a ground ball and a pop up. We call that minimizing the damage.
- The next inning wasn’t so sexy for Freddy Solid. He gave up a shot to center, and a single, and he had a weird balk resulting in a run. Further damage was limited by a money throw from Brent Clevlen to gun down a run at the plate.
- Miguel Cabrera didn’t hit the ball particularly hard, but he had 3 hits including a big 2 out hit that pushed the Tigers ahead.
- Everybody managed hit(s) today save for Edgar Renteria who did hit a ball hard, but into the glove of Joe Crede
- Interesting defensive replacements tonight. Not surprisingly Brandon Inge came in to play 3rd for Carlos Guillen. But with a twist with Guillen moving to first base. That’s first I can remember that happening in quite awhile.