links for 2008-03-10

Posted by on March 10, 2008.

Categories: Links

1. For once I’ll make a non-Tigers related comment. JoPo’s blog is a must read. He’s one of the best sportswriters we’ve got going.

by Chris in Dallas on Mar 10, 2008 at 10:28 am

2. And here we have the anti-Pos: More famous, more clueless:

Did they just rerun a column from last year? Wait, better question, did they LEARN anything from last year when PECOTA nailed the White Sox?

by Kurt on Mar 10, 2008 at 10:49 am

3. Embrace the ignorance, indeed. For what it’s worth, the http://www.firejoemorgan.com boys seem to think that column is a parody. That comes as a relief, I suppose.

by Ben on Mar 10, 2008 at 11:03 am

4. It is a piece of satire. Art Garfamudis isn’t an actual person. But it is hilarious!

by Jim on Mar 10, 2008 at 12:33 pm

5. Jordan Tata = ugh. Unbelievably stupid.

by Tbone on Mar 10, 2008 at 1:18 pm

6. Jim, I hope you are right. I have read articles that were this bad that were not satire.

If this is not a joke, then I am a little upset about the link. The fact that I (and others) visited that page may encourage them to write more garbage like that.

by Deryl G on Mar 10, 2008 at 3:07 pm

7. I was sure it was fake when I read it. But I found it in poor taste over Jeremy Brown.

by Kurt on Mar 10, 2008 at 4:29 pm

8. I’m still trying to figure out what Art Garfamudis is an anagram for…anyway, just thought I’d pass on a link of my own. Here’s 5 minutes with Ryan Raburn (posted on Baseball Prospectus)

by Chris in Dallas on Mar 10, 2008 at 5:19 pm

9. Didn’t he used to play with Simon & Garfamudis?

by rings on Mar 10, 2008 at 6:27 pm

10. Perhaps the more interesting link is the Baseball Today podcast – in which some baseball guy interviews Peter Gammons and then Brandon Inge.

Interesting stuff. From what I got out of Inge, he’s ready to just “go out there and have fun in my new role,” and “realize that if catching is my option to be a starter I need to pursue that.” The interview ends with this guy saying that he’s fairly sure Inge will be traded by opening day.

by Adam on Mar 10, 2008 at 7:17 pm

11. http://shysterball.blogspot.co.....turns.html

by Jim on Mar 10, 2008 at 7:21 pm

12. Any time you see something on Page 2, there’s a good chance it’s meant to be funny.

by Dave BW on Mar 11, 2008 at 10:30 am

13. This is what I love about the Tigers. Cabrera needs some help getting in shape- so Guillen is there to help him in the off season in Venezuela as well as the preseason in Lakeland. We are fortunate to not only have a VERY talented group of athletes, but a lot of just really good guys- a lot of class acts.

by Stos on Mar 11, 2008 at 2:42 pm