links for 2008-03-10

by billfer on March 10, 2008 · 13 comments

in Links

{ 13 comments }

Chris in Dallas March 10, 2008 at 10:28 am

For once I’ll make a non-Tigers related comment. JoPo’s blog is a must read. He’s one of the best sportswriters we’ve got going.

Kurt March 10, 2008 at 10:49 am

And here we have the anti-Pos: More famous, more clueless:

Did they just rerun a column from last year? Wait, better question, did they LEARN anything from last year when PECOTA nailed the White Sox?

Ben March 10, 2008 at 11:03 am

Embrace the ignorance, indeed. For what it’s worth, the http://www.firejoemorgan.com boys seem to think that column is a parody. That comes as a relief, I suppose.

Jim March 10, 2008 at 12:33 pm

It is a piece of satire. Art Garfamudis isn’t an actual person. But it is hilarious!

Tbone March 10, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Jordan Tata = ugh. Unbelievably stupid.

Deryl G March 10, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Jim, I hope you are right. I have read articles that were this bad that were not satire.

If this is not a joke, then I am a little upset about the link. The fact that I (and others) visited that page may encourage them to write more garbage like that.

Kurt March 10, 2008 at 4:29 pm

I was sure it was fake when I read it. But I found it in poor taste over Jeremy Brown.

Chris in Dallas March 10, 2008 at 5:19 pm

I’m still trying to figure out what Art Garfamudis is an anagram for…anyway, just thought I’d pass on a link of my own. Here’s 5 minutes with Ryan Raburn (posted on Baseball Prospectus)

rings March 10, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Didn’t he used to play with Simon & Garfamudis?

Adam March 10, 2008 at 7:17 pm

Perhaps the more interesting link is the Baseball Today podcast – in which some baseball guy interviews Peter Gammons and then Brandon Inge.

Interesting stuff. From what I got out of Inge, he’s ready to just “go out there and have fun in my new role,” and “realize that if catching is my option to be a starter I need to pursue that.” The interview ends with this guy saying that he’s fairly sure Inge will be traded by opening day.

Jim March 10, 2008 at 7:21 pm
Dave BW March 11, 2008 at 10:30 am

Any time you see something on Page 2, there’s a good chance it’s meant to be funny.

Stos March 11, 2008 at 2:42 pm

This is what I love about the Tigers. Cabrera needs some help getting in shape- so Guillen is there to help him in the off season in Venezuela as well as the preseason in Lakeland. We are fortunate to not only have a VERY talented group of athletes, but a lot of just really good guys- a lot of class acts.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site