links for 2007-12-07

by billfer on December 7, 2007 · 7 comments

in Links

{ 7 comments }

JML December 7, 2007 at 10:41 am

Does anyone know when partial season ticket holders will be able to re-up? So far it seems they are only allowing full season ticket holders to buy for ’08. I had a 27 game plan for ’07 and can’t wait to buy the same for ’08, but darn if I haven’t heard word-one from the organization about when I can re-up. No info on the web site either, that I can find at least. Anyone heard anything?

Kyle J December 7, 2007 at 10:49 am

Chris Shelton is a class act. I hope that in a couple years we have to reason to regret letting him go, ala Carlos Pena this season.

Kenny Williams, on the other hand, appears to be going as loony as his manager.

cib December 7, 2007 at 12:22 pm

JML If I remember correctly from last year they sent the renewal invoices out right after January 1, both mailed and posted on line. Don’t worry.

Chris in Nashville December 8, 2007 at 12:30 pm

I was trying to figure out what the 25 man roster might look like on opening day. It’s clear we are going to make a move now with Inge (especially after the latest news on Inge telling DD he wants to play elsewhere), but whether or not we get a MLB ready player is up for debate. I hope we get another bullpen arm in the deal, but not sure if just Inge could get us that. So, as the team is constructed now, without Inge and assuming we don’t get another relief pitcher, this to me look like the 2008 opening day roster:

Position Players:

SU Rodney
LH Byrdak
LH Seay
RH Miner
RH Grilli
RH Durbin/RH Bazardo/LH McBride/RH Cucerta/insert another name

This, to me, looks like what we’ll start the season with. It only appears that there will be one spot on the roster up for grabs, the last bullpen spot. All of this of course is subject to change with injuries or further trades, but I was curious to see what people’s thoughts were on this. Is it seriously not April yet?

Rings December 8, 2007 at 11:09 pm

Good News: Opening day’s in March, so you don’t even have to wait until April!!

Kathy December 9, 2007 at 3:39 pm

Wonder if Matt Mantei (sp) can stay healthy enough to try out again.

Adam December 9, 2007 at 10:47 pm

Spring Training doesn’t count? FEBRUARRRRY.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site