links for 2007-11-15

by billfer on November 15, 2007 · 13 comments

in Links

{ 13 comments }

Kathy November 15, 2007 at 10:39 am

Great Links, Billfer, as usual. Personally, I hope Maroth does get a contract with the Marlins. It’s not a place most big league players want to be, but maybe for him it will be good to pitch in a small market arena where hopefully, he can hone his pitching arm into respectability while the whole baseball world isn’t watching.

As far as Big Al’s site, well, he just cracks me up. Definitely PG13 rated only for adults blog.

Mike R November 15, 2007 at 12:14 pm

This Pitchf/x thin is outstanding. God, I love Hardball Times and people that put all of this work into stuff like this so I can just click on a pitcher or a batter and look at this stuff. Outstanding.

Jim November 15, 2007 at 3:38 pm
greg November 15, 2007 at 5:41 pm

quote:

unquote

beat me to the punch. dittos.

Also, what are the odds Maroth wears the English D again? I heard he butted heads with Leyland once after coming back from the DL, but don’t know how serious that was. Seemed like a quality guy(character wise), and an adequate #5 when he’s right, as long as your team can mash. The way he flamed out with the Cards, maybe sign him to a minor league contract, invite him to spring training and see what happens? I know he’s not very good, but he’s the kind of guy you want to see do well.

Steve in Kzoo November 15, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Geez, why in gods green Earth are the Tigers looking at god aweful Livan Hernandez. This is insane. a 11-11 pitcher with an 4.93 ERA god aweful!!! And thats in the NL he would get smoked in the AL. the article is here.

Jim November 15, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Because he’s a 97 Marlin.

Steve in Kzoo November 15, 2007 at 6:39 pm

Well at least Leyland and Renteria are washed up and useless Livan is this is insane. Though I don’t think he is seriously in contention.

David November 15, 2007 at 8:15 pm

Nice links Billfer

Kenny needs to apologize? What the h*ll?

Texas Rangers trade Travis Hafner to Indians for nothing

Texas Rangers sign Chan Ho Park for a long and expensive as heck contract and he blows

Texas Rangers trade away one of their most exciting pitching prospects in Chris Young

Texas Rangers trade away Alfonso Soriano for a bunch of scrubs

Texas Rangers draft position players again and again

Texas Rangers dump Teixeria

Reminds me of the Randy Smith era.

Texas Rangers kicks sand in probably the only good pitcher considering (?) to play there

There is more but I really feel sorry for them.

David November 15, 2007 at 8:17 pm

By the way can anyone answer how Rob Parker still has a job?

We should start a petition to get him dumped (I cannot stand his writing)- I wonder how much he gets paid…?

Zappatista November 16, 2007 at 1:00 am

Just have to say it, “I hate GAY-ROD” to quote a friend, but I can’t stand him either….please, let this end…

Mark L November 16, 2007 at 2:18 am

I was actually wondering if the Tigers might go after Livan Hernandez. Who else is still active from that 97 Marlins team? Moises Alou resigned with the Mets. Maybe we could trade for him? What a nightmare that would be.

Matt in Toledo November 16, 2007 at 5:56 am

Zappa – Is your friend in the third grade or fourth?

Dave November 16, 2007 at 11:01 am

David -

If anything, it looks like the Rangers should be apologizing to baseball.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site