links for 2007-09-16

by billfer on September 16, 2007 · 19 comments

in Links

{ 19 comments }

Ian C. September 16, 2007 at 1:32 pm

Maybe his last few games have influenced me, but for the right price, I think the Tigers could bring Jones back. There will be plenty of other good free-agent closers available, but they’ll probably want big money and lots of years on their contracts. If the Tigers think Joel Zumaya still isn’t ready to close next season, bringing back Jones for one year might not be a bad idea.

Sam September 16, 2007 at 2:02 pm

It was a burrito, you freak. Can’t even remember your own inappropriate ballpark food decisions…

Kurt September 16, 2007 at 2:15 pm

This allows me the opportunity to say I like how Granderson runs around the bases so fast and non-chalant, slaps a hand or two and is in the dugout. Definitely a guy who acts like he’s been there before and will be there again.

cib September 16, 2007 at 2:43 pm

The guy next to me at the ballgame the next night ALSO had one of the burritos. It looked and smelled yummy.

S September 16, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Age is irrelevant with “who’s better?” …

billfer September 16, 2007 at 6:21 pm

I’m fully capable of remembering what I ordered. It was a chicken fajita and it was delicious. I also highly recommend the Mucho Nacho.

Sam September 16, 2007 at 7:45 pm

It was shaped like a burrito! If it was a fajita then it was the wrongest fajita to ever keep company with incredibly out-of-date salsa.

Kyle J September 16, 2007 at 7:58 pm

You guys are doing an excellent job of selling the Bloggers Night experience for next year . . .

tiff September 16, 2007 at 8:27 pm

where do you get the fajita burrito??

Adam September 16, 2007 at 11:26 pm

Um. Offensively it’s a push? No, I think not. Does Grady have 22 triples?

Mike R September 17, 2007 at 2:29 am

That bloggers night seemed awesome.

And I am pro-bringing back Jones. I much prefer him at the end of the game and letting ‘Nando and Joel do their thing in the 7-8th innings where we need a shut down reliever more often.

billfer September 17, 2007 at 5:19 am

Long live bloggers night!

The fajita, and the mucho nacho can be found in the food court.

Other highlights from the night included Fernando Rodney’s entrance music being “You’re the one that I want” from Grease and me continually giving Sam photo tips. If you haven’t heard me run a joke into the ground for 3 hours, you haven’t experienced bloggers night.

hawk September 17, 2007 at 7:34 am

mucho nachos boys!! Best value in the ball park!! I typically can not eat the whole thing!!

SJC in Detroit September 17, 2007 at 8:05 am

Mucho Nachos are good. But then walk over to the ice cream place near the carousel and order a Boston Cooler from Reginald. He’s old enough (like me) and Detroit enough that you don’t have to call it a Vernor’s Float.

cib September 17, 2007 at 9:33 am

Reading all of these posts is making me hungry! I miss stadium food over the winter.
Bill count me in for bloggers night next year. It was a blast. Sam the photos are terrific.

Coach Jim September 17, 2007 at 11:14 am

The shame is that I was there, but didn’t realize it was blogger’s night. I would have stopped by and shook some hands. I was in 116 row 8. That’s about 1/2 between 1st base and the RF foul pole.

Coach Jim September 17, 2007 at 11:17 am

…and since we participate in a great baseball democracy, I’ll cast my vote to retain Jones as closer. I’ve always maintained the closer should only be judged on perentage of save opportunities converted. Strikeouts and ERA are tangent stats.

How can anyone not pick Granderson for ANYTHING?

Ian C. September 17, 2007 at 11:41 am

You say “burrito,” he says “fajita.”

I was a bit disappointed no one went for the mucho nachos that night. No one was macho enough, I guess.

BobS. September 17, 2007 at 12:28 pm

I’m sure the cardiologists of metro Detroit would cast their collective vote for “Heart Attack” Jones to be re-signed.
Coach Jim,I think a better indication of a pitcher’s ability are his K/BB ratio(as well as his total strikeouts),WHIP,and the opponent’s batting average against.Jones is an accident waiting to happen every time he takes the mound.I hope I’m never in a trench with him,cuz the bullet meant for him is sure to find me instead,such is his luck.But he’s a helluva nice guy.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site