News and Notes: 1.4.2011
Happy New Year all. I hope that everyone is enjoying the bowl season. A few things that I’ve compiled over the last few days.
- Bless You Boys posted a great note today which makes a case to put Trammell in the Hall of Fame. Citing an article by Joe Posnanski, the crux of the argument is that Trammell excelled relative to his position, and should not be compared to today’s “slugging” shortstops. Unfortunately, I don’t see it. I see the argument, but I don’t see the votes. And this is coming from a guy who uses Trammell references liberally in his password combos.
- Higginson isn’t really in the running.
- Yanks show interest in Bonderman. Take it for what it’s worth.
- A Miami columnist weighs in on the 3 team race in the central. Nothing of note here, other than it must have been a slow news day in Miami.
- The USA Today ran a great organizational report yesterday, check it out here.