Game 2017.125: Yankees at Tigers

Mikie-Man gets a rare day off with The Lettuce being served up in center.

Rumor has it that Nick has been taking pre-game outfield practice.

Today’s Lineup:

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
  2. Alex Presley, RF
  3. Justin Upton, LF
  4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
  5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
  6. Victor Martinez, DH
  7. John Hicks, C
  8. Andrew Romine, CF
  9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Pitching:  Jordan Zimmermann vs Luis Severino

1. Smoking Loon

August 23, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I have a feeling that it will be hard to distinguish the pregame practice from the in-game practice. I like the can-do attitude. I’m not sure I buy the can-do, though.

2. Jud

August 23, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Zimmerman is his usual razor sharp $20 mil self!

• Tony de Florida

August 23, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Yes and next year he gets a $6 Mil raise. Life is really good.

3. Tony de Florida

August 23, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Another of our well trained pen arms, walks the first two. One scores as I type.

4. Jud

August 23, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Read Casty working in the outfield. Clark says he is doing great.. Let’s see. MLB.. Worst defender
    MLB.. Worst base runner
    Is this some kind of sick joke????

5. Jud

August 23, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Hey Brad.. Your pen guys come in a walk the first guy they face All the Time.. Do they actually warm up out there or are they finishing their euchre fame?

6. Tony de Florida

August 23, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Since we have 7 games (I think) against the White Sox left, we could be playing meaningful games in September, for last place.

7. Tony de Florida

August 23, 2017 at 10:42 pm

The problem I see for the rest of this season and going into 2018 is the uncertainty of it all. It stars with the ownership. If he club is not to be sold, they should announce it in early September. That should put Al Avila and Brad and his staff that it’s very possible they won’t be here in 2018. I do not see any signs of urgency by the club management to indicate they have any plan at all for the future. If we go to spring training next year with the same manager and coaches I see another disastrous season. All season I wondered why Miggy is not FORCED into the DL to take a good look at his “nagging” injuries. There is no excuse for allowing him to perform so poorly without even checking him out properly. He could end up as the best paid .250 hitter in MLB history.

8. Jud

August 24, 2017 at 12:12 am

Kins.. MIGGY.. VMart.. CASTY.. Their nightly 2/14..they should all donate their 2017 year salary to the Boys Club of Detroit, because not one of these guys earned their bazillion $$$. This year.