Game 2017.112: Tigers at Pirates

Congratulations to the Tigers last night for finishing their game in only 2:37. I’m glad they are addressing that game length problem they have.

The WAR numbers say that Justin Upton is EASILY the most valuable player on the team. In fact he probably could take the rest of the season off and yet still win that. Do we all agree that he is the team MVP?

Today’s Lineup:

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
  2. Jim Adduci, RF
  3. Justin Upton, LF
  4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
  5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
  6. Mikie Mahtook, CF
  7. James McCann, C
  8. Andrew Romine, SS
  9. Matt Boyd, P

Pitching:  Matt Boyd vs Chad Kuhl

I predict “Hanging Chad” Kuhl leaves one for Upton.

1. Coleman

August 8, 2017 at 8:19 pm

Only the 2nd inning and the Tigers already have their daily hit.

2. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 8:31 pm

This is depressing. The Pirates are under .500. What will we look like when the LA Dodgers come to Comerica?

3. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Big meeting on the mound. Actually they wanted to ask Brad if they had to finish the game. Boyd’s ERA is about to go up.

4. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Hey, a hit by what’s his name. If you do a double switch he can play 3rd.

5. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:00 pm

A rare RBI for Miggy, lead cut in half. Love the way the Mudhens play, Aducci’s slide was unique.

6. Coleman

August 8, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Adduci just had one of the worst slides into home possible (of the variety where you are safe).

7. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Hey brad took my advice.

• Coleman

August 8, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Finally, he has started reading this thing!

8. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Considering that Nick is 3 for 26 in August, I’d let What’s his name start at 3B tomorrow. Of course we’d be taking a risk with his glove.

9. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm

My name for Candelario is “Candles”.

10. Jud

August 8, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Casty protecting Miggy…. Neither one of them can hit.. What’s the point…. With 6 whole hits and 3 runs in two days. The Pussycats will tank the 2 in Motown Wed and Thurs…. Oh!. Wait I forgot Victor comes back…. Disregard my entire post!

• Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:45 pm

Yes and with Miggy’s contract that says he must bat 3rd or cleanup, not much can be done.

11. Tony de Florida

August 8, 2017 at 9:49 pm

More good news tonight, game came in at less than 3 hours again.

12. Smoking Loon

August 8, 2017 at 9:52 pm

0-13 when scoring 3 runs now. I sweared I knowed it was a curse when I saw it. I want whoever drove in that third run off the team right now.

13. Smoking Loon

August 8, 2017 at 9:58 pm

The Race to .250 is going about as quickly as you might expect from Slow and Slower. It is suspenseful, though. My money is on The Big Man.

14. Jud

August 8, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Wed and Thurs…
    MIGGY 4
    Casty 5
    VMart 6
    Or some combination. Just the thought is scary….

15. Jud

August 9, 2017 at 12:36 am

Candyman played two innngs and he is already better than Casty ..0 and D……

• Tony de Florida

August 9, 2017 at 9:36 am

Jud, I like your name of Candyman for Candelarios better than mine. Of course at my age I am thinking of the Sammy Davis Jr. song. It could be his walk up song. But just so you know, there is a rapper named Candy Man and a horror movie also. I am not familiar with either. I still think Brad could have played him today and “pretend” to send one of the ball pen arms down so the home crowd could see him in a game. It would have also been a great motivational tool for Casty.

16. HelpMeMakeitThruThe9th

August 9, 2017 at 11:06 am

White Caps are kicking it…. and now they have Paredes on the team raking…Two HR’s last night…Can we put them on FSN? Missed the
    Candyman…. Went to the JT – Bonnie Rait concert at Pine Knob…sorry…never liked the change to DTE…Bonnie is 67 and still killing it and James is just James…. Got home extremely late and just
    caught the last of the game…on the replay….Why did I turn it on???
    Addiction hotline…

17. HelpMeMakeitThruThe9th

August 9, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Over in Midland…a kid has a 33 game hitting streak for the Dayton team and the Loons pitcher plunks him in the 8th inning… Strange but true…
    I guess that will show him….