Game 2017.107: Tigers at Orioles

That was a very satisfying way to finish the Yankees series, rain delays notwithstanding.

Fulmer has been sent to the 10-day DL with right elbow ulnar neuritis. Right-hander Edward Mujica called up from Mudhen Town.

In case you haven’t seen it, good old Austin Jackson did a successful Torii Hunter maneuver in Boston. How different would Tiger history have been if Torii had pulled that off?

Today’s Lineup:

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
  2. Jim Adduci, RF
  3. Justin Upton, LF
  4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
  5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
  6. Victor Martinez, DH
  7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
  8. James McCann, C
  9. Iglesias, SS

Pitching: Matt Boyd vs Chris Tillman

Iglesias back at short today, after a bit of defensive replacement yesterday.

1. Tony de Florida

August 3, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Does Miggy’s contract state that he must bat 3rd or cleanup in it?

2. Jud

August 3, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Who are these guys?.. No I don’t mean Orioles I mean whose wearing the Tiger unis?

3. Jud

August 3, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I looked at the Oriole hitters Stats and went ohmy we are in trouble… Now that I watch them pitch I understand those stats for are necessary…

4. Tony de Florida

August 3, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Yes, Boyd is not looking that good against these hitters. Happy to say that Brad has someone up already. Still hope to win by a field goal.

5. Smoking Loon

August 3, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, Boyd was really scuffling. Cross your fingers for the long relief.

6. Smoking Loon

August 3, 2017 at 10:56 pm

WOW! That was quick. Didn’t even have time to cross my fingers.

7. Jud

August 4, 2017 at 12:05 am

Boyd solid.. Pen survived.. New guy survives . just keep winnin baby!!! . Bottom line.. GREENE.. “When I enter the game, the game is over”

8. Coleman

August 4, 2017 at 12:06 am

Shane Greene is a bad man. I mean that in a good way.

9. Smoking Loon

August 4, 2017 at 12:19 am

I though the last win over the Yankees might’ve been the best of the season. This one was good in a different way, I was waiting for the other shoe to drop for the final six innings. Yeah, Greene s bad. Hope he can hold up. They’re workin’ him.

• Coleman

August 4, 2017 at 12:36 am

I think Greene would literally like being the only relief pitcher on the roster. I think he can hold up; he’s a converted starter.

10. HelpMeMakeitThruThe9th

August 4, 2017 at 8:53 am

How much crap do you think our fleet footed catcher
    caught for hitting into the triple play? James wasn’t
    even close to beating it out…Out by a mile… Funny
    being up 7 but in that stadium…you never have enuf….

11. Tony de Florida

August 4, 2017 at 10:56 am

Had to go to sleep early last night. I left after the Aussie got the DP to end the O’s rally. Apparently the new kid killed another rally when they got to the Aussie. He gave up a 313 ft HR the next inning but looked good on the stat sheet.

I just saw the FSD replay of the bottom 9th. A 7 pitch 1-2-3. Greene is dangerous. ATTIDTUDE DUDE!

12. Tony de Florida

August 4, 2017 at 11:02 am

They have used Greene 3 days in a row, lets rest him today.