Game 2016.84: Tigers at Indians

Injuries are part of baseball, but still…losing two starting pitchers in two days? That’s some pretty bad luck. But hey, there’s Buck Farmer. There’s a funny line in there somewhere about money growing on trees, but it’s not funny at all, not a bit, that in the first week of July the Indians have already won the season series.

Maybe Longball Anibal will beat Four-Hit Shutout Carrasco today. More likely, Michael Fulmer will have a chance to make a Rookie of the Year statement tomorrow.  Or maybe tonight can be one of those “that’s baseball” nights. Maybe the intense Game Post photo will help.

Still, the supposed big bats in the lineup haven’t been able to plate a run against the Indians. But no worry, Moya and Castellanos came through. So clearly, this is a good time to sit Castellanos for Aviles, because, hey, um…OK, I’ve got nothing here.

UPDATE: Castellanos has “flu-like symptoms,” so that explains that.

Watch out for Yan Gomes, batting 9th: career 7-for-16 against Longball with 2 HR.

Today’s Just Win One Already Lineup:

1. Kinsler, 2B
  2. Maybin, CF
  3. Cabrera, 1B
  4. V Martinez, DH
  5. Upton, LF
  6. Moya, RF
  7. Aviles, 3B
  8. McCann, C
  9. Iglesias, SS

1. Tony de Florida

July 5, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Aviles again? Certainly lettuce would have been a better choice for 3rd base, although I would have expected Casty to play if he can walk. Those frat pictures of Brad are really paying off.

2. Coleman

July 5, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Fabulous, a 10-pitch first inning. There is no way Carrasco will last beyond the 11th.

3. Pingback: Game 2016.84: Tigers at Indians | Detroit Tigers

4. Coleman

July 5, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Carrasco 45 pitches in 4 innings

• Tony de Florida

July 5, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Sanchez has almost 30 more, is that good?

5. Pingback: Game 2016.84: Tigers at Indians | Ruthian Sports

6. Kevin in Dallas

July 5, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I’m so sick of this.

Rally time. sdrawkcab no gnihtyreve gnittup.

7. Tony de Florida

July 5, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DP like that.

8. Tony de Florida

July 5, 2016 at 8:42 pm

OK, I like Moya, but how is that a double?

9. Jim Eggers USMC

July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Well, I never left. My bride woke me up at 6am Saturday and said the garage door was up and my car door open. I lost my wallet with mucho bucks,and all the usual wallet stuff, and an overnight bag with a very complete shaving kit. I am to blame, in my haste to pack up the car, I must have left the garage door up, easy pickins for some punk. So, Short story long no $$, no drivers license. How are the DMV places where you all live? Mine is the 9th circle of hell. I am voting like mad to get Kinsler on the all star team, what a bunch of ballot stuffers: Chicago, KC! Sure will be glad when we stop playing the “Tribe”.

• StorminNorman$

July 5, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Kinsler is certainly deserving, but i’ll take the 3 days off for him and the rest of this DET roster…Cabrera could also use the 3 days off.

With the exception of Fulmer some occasional flashes from a few other DET pitchers, on the whole, DET pitching is a redux of last year…and that did not end well. If DET can’t solve their pitching (SP & b-pen) issues, it’ll be another slow descent to just above MIN in the ALC.

• Coleman

July 5, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Well, sorry to hear about that…that’s worse than a Tigers/Indians game.

10. Kevin in Dallas

July 5, 2016 at 9:46 pm

Jim – so sorry to hear man. Install a Nest cam. $200, one time fee, works like a charm.

I love that you keep your wallet in your car. When would you ever need it in the house?

Guys – what are we going to do about Sanchez? I have him on my Scoresheet team, he’s not even on my active roster.

11. Tony de Florida

July 5, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Lowe is looking better, that one stayed in the park.

12. jud

July 6, 2016 at 12:04 am

The Tigers. ..nevermind!!!

13. jud

July 6, 2016 at 12:14 am

by the way ..its an absolute shame the Kinsler isn’t an All Star instead of Cabrerra…

14. Berdj Joseph Rassam

July 6, 2016 at 1:40 am

The Indians have had a better season so far than the Tigers but many feel that the Tigers can out play the Indians in any given series. Time will tell.

• Tony de Florida