Game 2015.10: White Sox at Tigers

Not a lot of time this morning, but I’ll just say that so far so good. Hard to find fault with any part of the Tigers club so far, everything is going our way. Even the calls seem to be. But good teams will have streaks like this, just don’t get too down when we lose a few in a row. It’s a long season.

No update on Verlander…I don’t think he’s coming off of the DL anytime soon.

Here are the weekend probables.

(all times Eastern)

Friday 1:08 PM: Samardzija v. Price

Saturday 1:08 PM: Sale v. Sanchez

Sunday 1:08 PM: TBD v. Greene

1. Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 12:49 pm

Uh oh…no Victor Martinez in the lineup today.

2. Jud

April 17, 2015 at 1:47 pm

2-3 one out and two terrible at bats. Martinez hits a pitch 6 inches inside, Cecpedes takes two hanging curve balls then throws his bat at a pitch in the dirt….early hacking by the swing swing swing Tigs after Miggys bomb!

3. Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Running on contact seems to fail more often than it succeeds.

4. Jud

April 17, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I’d like to see a time when it actually succeeds…does it ever??

5. Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 3:17 pm

Runners at 2nd and 3rd, 1 out–no runs. Runners at 1st and 3rd, nobody out–no runs. Leadoff double–no runs. I guess we’d rather win the hard way.

6. Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Nice bunt by Alex. One more chance with a runner at 3rd and less than 2 out…

7. Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 3:44 pm

I see you, Jose Iglesias!

8. StorminNorman$

April 17, 2015 at 3:45 pm

who said this guy Iggy will never be a hitter?!

• StorminNorman$

April 17, 2015 at 3:48 pm

…and after falling behind 0-2 (Iglesias last AB)

9. Jud

April 17, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Iggy!!!…nice set up by Avila…..

That being said terrible hitting approach again today…5 runs in 3 game ..hack hack throw your bat..hack hack

That being said how about that pitching!!!!!!!

• TIGERS RULE

April 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Why doesn’t AA lay them down like that when they put the shift on him?

• StorminNorman$

April 17, 2015 at 3:55 pm

I’ll ride this (pitching) wave as long as it lasts. The stellar pitching takes the pressure off rushing JV and Nathan back before they’re completely right… insert joke here about the time needed to get Nathan “right”.

10. TIGERS RULE

April 17, 2015 at 3:48 pm

When you’re going good, things go your way!

11. Jud

April 17, 2015 at 3:54 pm

It looked like a tag on the knee…it was in time…no challenge??????……what am I missing?????….safe???????

12. TIGERS RULE

April 17, 2015 at 3:55 pm

It’s a shame that Price couldn’t get the W after his performance today!

13. StorminNorman$

April 17, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Nice 24-hr stretch for DET fans… the Wings get outshot (and outplayed) 46-14 and still manage a Game 1 win – and today Tiger’s pull out a walk-off win

14. KW

April 17, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Gotta say, it’s nice to win one we didn’t deserve for once, but Castellanos is the most knuckleheaded player I’ve seen on this team in a long time. Why on earth would someone who runs like a dump truck try to stretch that single into a double? Let’s not let this win cloud the obvious: he has terrible baserunning instincts and it’s going to bite the Tigers in the tail many times of the course of the season.

15. Jim EggersUSMC

April 17, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I apologize for the non baseball item, but i thought some of the regulars on here might recall a post from last May in re my health. I was exposed to the hep C virus at some point in the early 80’s as a Firefighter EMT. Got sick in 2000, had a liver transplant in ’04, and the new liver was starting to be damaged from the Hep C virus. In May (2014), the Docs at University of Washington Medical Center told me it was my time to try the new magic bullet that cures the virus. I am the 1st person to receive this med as a Workman’s comp case in WA. It took a long time to work out the kinks, and long story short, I started on it yesterday. It’s 90 days, 1 pill once a day, and 1 other twice a day. The average success rate is a whopping 94%, so feel real good about my chances. My wife is accepting condolences from all her friends, as it appears I will be around just a tad longer.

• jud

April 17, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Hey Jim, ……one day at a time, buddy. Its gonna take a lot more than that to keep an old marine down,!!…we are all pullin for you…..

• Coleman

April 17, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Thanks for the update Jim, it’s nice to hear the positive news.

• Only Tiger Fan in Mississppi

April 17, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Awesome news Jim. I hope you will be successful as much as the 2015 Tigers are doing. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

16. StorminNorman$

April 17, 2015 at 10:43 pm

there have been some very promising results with a few recent drugs (Harvoni & Viekira Pak) developed for Hep C… hope all goes great (or better) for you.

• Jim EggersUSMC

April 18, 2015 at 1:57 am

Norman nailed it, those are the meds I am taking. Thanks to all of you for the best wishes, this is a very big deal for me and my family. My 10 year grandson says that now I can come to his wedding and ask his bride what are you thinking?

• Kevin in Dallas