Hot Stove Talk Part 1
Just to stoke the fire a bit…
Baseball Winter Meetings are Dec 3rd – 6th in Nashville this year.
The potential free agents are all over the board, here’s what I’m finding:
- 2 guys from CBSSports think that Josh Hamilton will be a Tiger. 1 guy from DTW thinks that this is ridiculous. Josh Hamilton is a drain on the clubhouse and the franchise in general. I don’t think the Rangers are even going to tender him an offer. He’s got more off the field problems than the cast of Broke, and over the past 6 years he’s averaged 1/4 of the season on the DL. Please, please, please, no Josh Hamilton.
- Jim Bowden listed the Tigers as potential matches for Nick Swisher, Angel Pagan, Cody Ross, Torii Hunter and Melky Cabrera. I like Hunter of the bunch, but I think he’ll get overpaid by the Rangers (he lives in the area) or Yankees, and I’d prefer that the Tigers overpay for someone who wasn’t born when “Superstition” was #1 on the charts.
- Prediction: Bondo will get a spring training invite and re-invent himself as a short reliever specialist.
- MLive’s Chris Iott did a nice job breaking down the Tigers’ bullpen today, though he didn’t take a position on the 2013 closer. That will definitely be a big story, possibly through spring training if they want to give Rondon a shot.
- I’ve read that Sanchez is looking at 4 years in the $50M – $55M range. Check out this saber slanted post.