– In case you are not following along, Cabrera is mashing to the tune of .357/.391/.714 for an OPS of 1.105. I’m guessing his OBP could be higher, but he’s swinging to get into shape.
– Benoit has looked very good with a .71 WHIP and 10Ks in 7 IP.
– Valverde has 4 BBs in 7 IP. Not good. Perry has 5 in 8 IP. Schlereth had 4 in 4 batters. That beard can’t be helping.
– Coke has looked pretty good this spring, but he’s concerned about the velocity on his fastball. So am I.
– After the Porcello and Perry regressions, it looks like the Tigers are going to take it slow with Jacob Turner. Good plan.
– Leyland has decided that Guillen and Zumaya will stay in Florida for the start of the season. Anyone want to take the under on May 15 as the first date that either will appear?