The Tigers organization made the official announcements of their minor league rosters today. The rosters below were compiled from posts at TigsTown (and Mark Anderson – @TigsTownMark), Motown Sports, and Nick Underhill’s site.
A couple of things worth calling out:
- Audy Ciriaco and Cody Satterwhite are both starting their seasons on the DL. In Satterwhite’s case it is a torn labrum. While I don’t know the severity this is often a career-altering type of injury.
- 2009 second round pick Andy Oliver will receive the aggressive assignment to AA meaning he has a chance to see time with the big league club in 2010.
- Another 2009 pitcher, Adam Wilk will be pushed to Lakeland after successful stints at the lower rungs in his debut year.
- The Toledo team is pretty stacked and the infield and outfield should provide some exciting nights at Fifth-Third field. That crowded outfield forced Ramirez to Erie even though he spent last season at AAA. Jason Beck notes that he will get the bulk of his reps in centerfield so the move may me as much about defense as offense.
- Take 75 North and TigsTown both covered some of the cuts/retirements that are a little surprising including Brett Jensen and Jordan Newton.
Santo De Leon
Max St. Pierre
Audy Ciriaco (wrist)
Brandon Douglas (hamstring)
Cody Satterwhite (labrum)