I wanted to highlight some work that Kurt Mensching has been doing over at Mack Avenue Tigers this week. If you haven’t visited his sight, he has been doing a VERY deep dive into Dave Dombrowski’s tenure as Tigers general manager. Kurt has looked at all of Dombrowski’s moves to try and capture his philosophies and tendencies to provide a very comprehensive evaluation. Having undertaken a similar exercise a couple years ago for The Hardball Times Annual I know how much work goes into something like this and he’s done an excellent job. Below are links to the various articles in the series and I encourage you to check them out.
- Dombrowski series: Introducing The Gambler
- Dombrowski series: A history of the Tigers 2001-2009
- Dombrowski: A look at his trade philosophies and results
- Dombrowski series: Developing the organization
- Dombrowski: Testing the market, both free agents and re-signings
(And he’s not done, plus I’ll have some comments about DD tomorrow)