Sizemore leaves AFL game with injury

by billfer on October 22, 2009 · 7 comments

in 2009 Season,Injuries,Minors

Latest Update: Sizemore has a fractured tibia and is on his way to Detroit

Scott Sizemore, the heir apparent at second base left today’s game in the first inning due to an injury. He was trying to turn a double play when a hard slide by Danny Espinosa caused both players to exit. What we know right now is that Sizemore’s injury is to his left leg but I hope to know more shortly.

Mark Anderson’s sources say it is an ankle with no confirmation on severity

On a brighter note Casper Wells hit a 2-2 Stephen Strasburg curve ball out to left center for a grand slam.

{ 1 trackback }

{ 6 comments }

Eric Cioe October 22, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Good Lord. I hope it doesn’t set him back at all. I’d really rather not see Polanco back because I think he’s only going to get worse and I think the money could be used elsewhere to improve the team more.

Mark in Chicago October 23, 2009 at 4:03 pm

It’s November. Unless his foot fell off or he’s not ready for spring training, there’s nothing to be concerned about. He’s clearly ML-ready and doesn’t need the ABs to prove it.

Matt in Toledo October 23, 2009 at 8:12 pm

I’m not Will Carroll, but I do have access to the archives of his articles and it sounds like fractured tibias (tibiae?) cost players more than a month and less than three. Of course, every injury is different but I’d be surprised if he wasn’t ready come February.

I wonder if the Tigers are sending a replacement. Will Rhymes again?

Sam October 24, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Ugh!!!!

Not Good.

MCM October 25, 2009 at 8:46 am

Could have been worse, it’s a “non-displaced” fracture…

Kathy October 26, 2009 at 7:37 pm

It’s worse than thought. He has to have surgery to repair tendons according to the Detroit Free Press.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site