The Tigers announced that Freddy Dolsi will take Ryan Perry’s place on the roster. Dolsi of course spent significant time with the club last year and had some memorable moments.
- He allowed a homer to Manny Ramirez to straight away centerfield on his first pitch
- He threw a pitch over everyone on an intentional ball
- He failed to call timeout after receiving the ball allowing Torii Hunter to steal second
- He didn’t cover first on an infield grounder leading to an walk-off infield single
- He fanned Jhonny Perralta and Ben Francisco to preserve a win against the Indians, at a point in the season when wins against the Indians meant something. This inspired silliness from your local blogger.
This year has been kind of ok for Dolsi. He’s limiting the walks a little better with 11 allowed in 31 innings, but he’s only fanned 19 this year, but he’s kept the ball in the yard with only 1 homer allowed. In his last 6 outings he’s gone 10.2 innings and he’s allowed just 1 run on 8 hits, 1 walk, and 4 K’s.
I don’t know that he’s the most deserving player at this point, but with 40 man roster considerations and familiarity and all this decision is probably fine.