links for 2008-11-25

by billfer on November 25, 2008 · 6 comments

in Links

{ 6 comments }

Chris in Nashville November 25, 2008 at 2:17 pm

That cartoon was GREAT!!!! I couldn’t agree more. This has been by far and away the most BORING hot stove league that I can remember. I blame it all on Scott Boras. He sucks. Nobody can make a move until the big pieces fall like Sabathia, Texiera and Man Ram set the market. I believe all of those guys are Boras clients. So, let’s speed this up Boras. I’m dying to know what the ’09 Tigers are going to look like.

David November 25, 2008 at 10:50 pm

I love the cartoon, well I love a lot of what she writes, although I just lurk over there (MVN) from time to time, never comment

And no I don’t remember Noochie Varner, although I do remember Sanchez and Andres Torres and Gabe Kaplar and Higgi, and Encarnacion (is he out forever due to getting struck by a ball in the eye?)

A funny thing happened
check out his 2008 winners

Here is a fuller look

On there he lists his 2008 winners

He (Bill James) uses Tangotiger’s fans “poll” as one of his “voters”

billfer November 25, 2008 at 11:03 pm

@David – The fan poll has had a ballot since 2006.

David November 26, 2008 at 12:04 am

OOO, I didn’t realize that

another blast from the past

Dean Palmer picked his 2008 All Stars if you’re interested =P

C – Posada
1 – Teixeria
2 – Utley
SS – Reyes
3 – Wright or Cabrera
OF – just Ordonez

“Sweetest right handed swing I’ve ever seen in my life…doesn’t do too much…drives in runs…smart hitter…if your a kid you need to watch this guy.” On Ordonez

David November 26, 2008 at 12:08 am

If only Inge could hit like Ordonez… maybe in 2009 ;)

wyrmer November 26, 2008 at 1:01 am

I remember Noochie. I watched him play for the Whitecaps and was extremely upset when we traded him. I’ve often wondered how much of an effect it has on a guy when he bounces around organizations in the minor leagues and what could have been had he stayed with one affiliation.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site