Game 153: Tigers at Indians

PREGAME: Pregame is kind of a misnomer, since the Tigers just finished the top half of the first with a 1 run lead. Sorry for the tardiness. It’s the first time this season. Fine me, bench me, do what you have to do.

Jeremy Sowers and Justin Verlander. Let’s get it on. And guess the bullpen member to allow the crucial homer.

DET @ CLE, Saturday, September 20, 2008 Game Preview – Baseball-Reference.com

1. Tony

September 20, 2008 at 7:37 pm

I’d say that Aquilino Lopez is due…he hasn’t ruined my evening in a while. Not to mention Justin tends to go out early this year, which opens the door for Lopez to work his magic.

2. Dave BW

September 20, 2008 at 7:54 pm

Verlander is a mess. I wish Chris were here to set him straight.

3. Dave BW

September 20, 2008 at 7:56 pm

There’s a lot more Tigers fans at Progressive than I would have thought. The “Gary Gary” chants were audible even through the wall of boos

4. Chris

September 20, 2008 at 8:02 pm

Royals are winning and the Tigers are looking at the very realistic possibility of finishing in last place in the AL cental.

This 2nd half is dreadful.. The sooner it ends the better.

5. greg

September 20, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Chris, in the AL, the Tigers are better than the Mariners, and that’s it.

Sad, but true.

6. yak

September 20, 2008 at 10:19 pm

Hate to be the bearer of good news, but the Tigers are also ahead of Baltimore in the AL.

7. greg

September 20, 2008 at 10:38 pm

yak, I’m aware they’re ahead in the standings, they’re also ahead of KC, but I don’t think they’re any better.

8. stephen

September 21, 2008 at 12:49 am

Wow, team on pace to lose 88(!) games. Verlander could lose 18(!). Tigers are 178-187 since 8/1/06.
    You just can’t bring back Leyland and Hernandez. Firing them isn’t a panacea, but you just have to send the message that this kind of performance isn’t acceptable with this payroll.

Dombrowski being fired isn’t going to happened and there’s no way Leyland is in this for the long haul, so Leyland goes.

I predict there’s going to be a standoff over no Leyland contract extension and Leyland walks in a pout. They have a faux good feeling press conference and ownership makes Jimmy vice president of nothing for a hefty sum.

9. greg

September 21, 2008 at 12:57 am

Thames only one start this week….

It’s clear he’ll never get playing time with this organization….never get a real chance to be an every day player.

10. Kathy