Links of note, or stuff I find interesting, or stuff I think you might find interesting
- Grander than Sizemore? | FanGraphs Baseball – Grandy making a case (or someone else) that Curtis is at least as good as Grady.
- Two Tigers minor leaguers among players suspended – Two guys from the VSL get nabbed bringing baseball's total to 53 since July 23rd.
- Tiger Tales: A Detroit Tigers Blog: Good pitching beats good hitting all the time? – That Lee, using facts and data where others haven't.
- Fun With Justin’s Stats – Beyond the Box Score – Justin Inaz has done a lot of work combining offense and defense to devise total player ratings. Sky has taken some of that work and summarized it at the team level. It rates the Tigers defense at -5 runs, which is slightly below average. Notice the fundamentally sound Twins at -41. Also check out the rank of Tigers position players. Maybe they don't need to blow things up and just get some better pitching.
- Fire Jim Leyland: Is Justin Verlander an Ace? – Not this year that's for sure. But what about past years?
- On Baseball and the Reds: Total Value Estimates – Through 5 September, 2008 – And here are those total value rankings from the previous link. Go Grandy go.
- Willis, Garcia throw simulated games | tigers.com: News – With simulated good results…