Maybe Matt Joyce found a good luck charm in the Tigers batting cage in the form of a kitten.
Tigers outfielder Matt Joyce, hearing the tiny black cat whimper, climbed up on a stool and, with batting gloves on to protect his hands, pulled the animal down, before carrying it up the stairs into the clubhouse.
The kitten was last seen being fed milk in a bowl by Joyce in the Tigers clubhouse kitchen.
The report doesn’t mention a lot:
- What did they name the cat?
- Was it a black cat and is it in fact bad luck? How long had it been in the batting cage and is it in anyway responsible for for Edgar Renteria’s slump?
- Who gets to clean out the litter box?
- Will Joyce take the cat on road trips?
- Where will it live? Perhaps someone can make a bed out of a pillow in Brandon Inge’s locker?
- How the hell did a cat get in the batting cage?