links for 2008-06-04

by billfer on June 4, 2008 · 15 comments

in Links

{ 15 comments }

Chris June 4, 2008 at 11:17 am

Miguel Cabrera is a monster-disappointment this year. He has provided no offensive presence at all. Every time he comes to the plate, I have almost ZERO confidence that anything will happen. I was expecting so much more.

But then again, the whole roster is underperforming at the plate this year, with the exception of Ordonez & Guillen. We’ll probably have only one allstar this year, and that will be because of the rule where each team must have a representative.

This team is a bust.

Sean C. in Illinois June 4, 2008 at 11:22 am

That’s a fresh perspective, Chris. I was unaware that you were so disappointed in Cabrera.

Dave BW June 4, 2008 at 11:36 am

At least he’s spelling Cabrera correctly now.

Sean C. in Illinois June 4, 2008 at 11:48 am

Time for everyone else to start misspelling it. A question of balance.

Sean C. in Illinois June 4, 2008 at 11:59 am

That’s very good news about Zumaya. I hope I was wrong about the difference it could make to have him back. The season will get a lot more interesting, that’s for sure.

Chris in Dallas June 4, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Who is this Zumaya you speak of? I remember our President saying something about a kid named Zumala, but that’s it. Anyway, Maggs will be an All Star on merit, not because of the at least one guy per team rule…

jeremy June 4, 2008 at 1:16 pm

I wonder if the Tigers willl explore trading pudge at mid season, since they are going to be too far out to contend?

Sean C. in Illinois June 4, 2008 at 1:23 pm

Why not, they’ve already traded the season at mid-Pudge.

jeremy June 4, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Sean C. in Illinois June 4, 2008 at 1:49 pm

I called the shutout yesterday, Jeremy, but I’m retracting it. However, that’s the best news I can offer.

Andy in Dallas June 4, 2008 at 1:51 pm

How irrelevant the Tigs have become. So much so, I waste time reading here and once in a run scoring outburst by the irrelevant Tigers, posting. If I haven’t said so already, the Tigers are irrelevant and ‘dead to me’…at least until the Wings win or something and Sheed is traded.

Chris in Dallas June 4, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Wow another post from big D. It’s getting bigger by the minute.

jeremy June 4, 2008 at 2:03 pm

Yeah, the A’s pitcher is unhittable at home. So i don’t think it is going to matter today. He had a no-hitter through 7 against the red sox.

Chris June 4, 2008 at 3:41 pm

“Any predictions for today besides the obvious? i.e. 2 GIDP for Rentaria, a walk off loss, and a shutout for the A’s.”

No GIDP’s for E-Rent today because Leyland benched the piece of garbage for Santiago. Perhaps Leyland is giving him a day off, but he usually does that on Thursday.

If I were Leyland, I would bench Rentarea because of his rather poor play and see if Santiago could do better. And I wouldn’t mind seeing Santiago take the job away from Rentarea as the regular SS. Rentarea’s major-league choke-job last night was unacceptable.

T Smith June 4, 2008 at 3:53 pm

Chris,

A pox upon you for uncalled for irreverance.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site