Hey look, more injured Tigers

So Miguel Cabrera slides into the clean-up spot with Magglio Ordonez hitting the disabled list. And promptly gets hurt himself. The diagnosis is hip flexor and the duration is day-to-day.

To add injury to injury, Pudge Rodriguez has spent the entire game grimacing and moving as if he is also in pain. This included a brief visit from trainer Kevin Rand early in the game.

Yeah, the kids have provided a nice lift filling it, but this is taking things to extremes.

Posted by on June 30, 2008.

Tags: ,

Categories: 2008 Season, Injuries

1. This is what came to mind when I first heard about the injury:

by Eddie on Jun 30, 2008 at 10:51 pm

2. Nice call Eddie. Are you thinking the early season quad injury never went away? Or that it was an early season hip flexor injury that never went away.

by billfer on Jun 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm

3. Purely speculation, but I’m betting the injury never went away. It would make too much sense, as Cabrera has “struggled” this season. It’s the same leg, and one of the quad muscles is one of the hip flexors. As always, it’s best to wait, but it’s curious to say the least.

by Eddie on Jun 30, 2008 at 11:14 pm

4. Is this the sign for another Jeff Larish call-up? Or are we making Marcus play 1B?

by Anson on Jun 30, 2008 at 11:44 pm

5. Man I sure hope Sheffield heats up like we all thought he was last week. We also need him to stay healthy along with Guillen and Thames. The kids have done well at producing runs, but I think we are going to need some of the vets to anchor this offense for the next few weeks, when hopefully Maggs and Miggy get healthy…… Please get healthy……

by Chris on Jun 30, 2008 at 11:55 pm

6. I was talking to a friend in CT, a fellow Tiger fan while we were watching the game. I had this thought. With Maggs and Inge on the DL and not traveling with the team, are they at home watching the game, maybe hanging out second guessing like we do???? Someone needs to introduce them DTW.

by West Coast Tiger on Jul 1, 2008 at 3:29 am

7. WCT: but what if they came back from the DL (or DLs), Inge with long curly locks, Maggs close shorn with a little chin thing going…that could pretty much doom the season I think…

by Coleman on Jul 1, 2008 at 5:23 am

8. Mike (NYC,NY): Any word on Miggy Cabrera? just day to day?

AJ Mass(ESPN.com): (11:25 AM ET ) The DL has been floated as a possibility… reports say we’ll know after a visit to the Docs today.

by Ryan P on Jul 1, 2008 at 11:28 am

9. Miggy will be OK

by ron on Jul 1, 2008 at 11:46 am

10. ron: No one could prevent me from getting a 4.0 good sir :) Seriously, though, the Skip-ster says a lot of things because he apparently likes to hear himself talk. Windbag. And he should be on the cover of the next Botox Quarterly magazine. Anyway, enough hating. How have the Tigers been doing lately? I haven’t been following them.

by Chris in Dallas on Jul 1, 2008 at 11:51 am

11. I’m not the type to point fingers but one has to wonder about the training/stretching program these guys go through if all these tricky injuries keep popping up.

by tiff on Jul 1, 2008 at 3:55 pm

12. tiff: Well, the Oblique Three are all on the wrong side of 30. Maggs and Sheffield being pretty far on the wrong side. That might have something to do with it.

by Chris in Dallas on Jul 1, 2008 at 4:54 pm

13. Everything will be fine.
    The scrub cubs will shine.
    The Twins will be lit up tonight.
    The kids are indeed alright.

by Anne on Jul 1, 2008 at 5:02 pm

14. and I’m wondering if hip flexor is some sort of code for oblique? On a 25-year old pudgy full of life darling Miggs?

by tiff on Jul 1, 2008 at 6:01 pm

15. Oh yeah – I forgot about him. He may have strained that sprinting for the buffet table. Hey-oh.

by Chris in Dallas on Jul 1, 2008 at 6:04 pm

16. “I was talking to a friend in CT, a fellow Tiger fan while we were watching the game. I had this thought. With Maggs and Inge on the DL and not traveling with the team, are they at home watching the game, maybe hanging out second guessing like we do???? Someone needs to introduce them DTW.”

by Ken from Cincinnati on Jul 1, 2008 at 6:26 pm

17. Ken: “Good idea, WCT. I wonder if Inge already knows he’s black? That could be a real shocker for him.”

Actually I had a personal conversation with the Sheff, and it turns out that Inge is no longer black, now that he is going along quietly with where he is told to play….

by Coleman on Jul 1, 2008 at 8:05 pm