Notes from the conference call with David Chadd:
- He identified Ryan as a top priority in the Cape Cod league. They liked he carried the high velocity throughout the course of the spring. It’s a player they were targeting all along.
- He could be used either way (as a starter or reliever).
- He needs to continue to refine his delivery and work on his secondary pitches. Coming into college as a shortstop he doesn’t have a lot of innings on his arm.
- A development plan hasn’t been worked out yet. When asked if Perry could move quickly, Chadd cautioned that he had worked to do. It’s conceivable he could move fast, but it depends on how he does.
- The draft didn’t surprise them, and the board went the way they thought it would.