PREGAME: Talking sweep coming into the 3rd game of the series doesn’t really surprise. Talking Tigers avoiding a sweep does.
It’s a pretty good pitching match-up with Jeremy Bonderman taking on Zach Grienke. The Tigers face Grienke 3 times last year, lighting him up twice(.2 innings, 4 runs and 4 innings 6 runs) and being stymied the third and most recent time (4 innings, no runs, no walks, 5 K’s). In 15 at-bats Grienke has limited Magglio Ordonez to 2 singles.
Jeremy Bonderman is trying to capture his early season form from a year ago. He did well against the Royals in 2007 allowing 4 runs and fanning 17 in 20 innings of work.
Did you know that KC leads the all time series 257-243?
Game Time 1:05
POSTGAME: Where I try and make the best out of a crappy situation:
- At least it was Sheffield who tore a ligament in his finger today. If it had been Zumaya the finger would have become detached, kicked into the outfield, and have been carried away by a seagull.
- Jeremy Bonderman conquered his first inning issues.
- Brandon Inge is bolstering his trade value by hitting well.
- Jacque Jones had a strike out free day.
- The Royals are a first place team. It’s not like the Tigers got swept by a bunch of scrubs.