Feeding Frenzy: Single game tickets on sale

Today at 10 a.m. single game Detroit Tigers tickets go on sale. We’ll use this post as a place for you to share your experiences. Some details about the sale today:

If you don’t get everything you want, there is always the after market for a second chance at those tickets.

Good luck, and let us know how you made out.

Posted by on March 1, 2008.

Categories: 2008 Season, Fan Experience

1. I am stuck in some virtual waiting room

by Dave T. on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:01 am

2. Stuck in the virtual waiting room page that refreshes…

by Dylan on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:01 am

3. The 800 number is busy as well

by Dave T. on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:05 am

4. Got a pair of bleachers for the Indians game June 6th.

by Dylan on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:05 am

5. I hate that “virtual waiting room” thing…we were stuck in that trying to buy playoff tix in ’06. Sometimes it would eventually go through and sometimes it would just lock up.

by rings on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:06 am

6. Anyone have any luck? I’m still stuck in the “virtual waiting room”…

by cmungs on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:16 am

7. I’m targeting 3 games. Got tickets for one of them. I got through the virtual waiting room quickly, but then when I tried to request seats it said it was too busy to process the transaction.

by billfer on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:19 am

8. grabbed 4 tix for may 24th vs. the twinkies

by Dave T. on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:20 am

9. When you get through the virtual waiting room, are you locked into the game you originally clicked on?

by Kyle J on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:30 am

10. you are locked in…plus it takes a while once you get there to buy the tix you want

by Dave T. on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:33 am

11. What I don’t get it why doesn’t it just determine your place in line automatically and tell you? It obviously knows your place and then it could tell you and then refresh by counting down till you’re up. Seems like that would be the way to go, so you’re not just stuck staring at the 15 sec countdown clock.

by Jonathon on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:39 am

12. 40 minutes in virtual hell…. still nothing

by cmungs on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:40 am

13. Wow I got lucky. Waited 2 minutes and got on-deck seats for Indians, Red Sox and Yankees

by Ryan on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:42 am

14. Only one person says what tickets they got, and it happens to be the game I’m trying to get. Come on Dave!

by Greg on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:42 am

15. I’ve been in the waiting room since 10:00. Still waiting…….. Will there be any lower bowl seats available still?

by Garret on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:49 am

16. Has anyone had any luck calling? I just get a busy signal.

by Greg on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:59 am

17. Just got 4 for the Friday game of opening week. Row LL of the left field “pavilion” seats.

by Kyle J on Mar 1, 2008 at 10:59 am

18. finally got through. lots of tickets left in 2-4 seat combos when i was looking for the past 10 minutes. hang in there!

by cmungs on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:04 am

19. been stuck in the virtual waiting room since 10:00!!! this sucks!

by elisabeth on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:05 am

20. Got 3 sets of 4 tickets for Friday/Saturday games against Twins and Royals. In waiting room for at least 10 minutes on last attempt. Trying on more time for a 4th game.

by Keith on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:15 am

21. Clicked on tickets for the 6/15 Dodgers game at 9:58, in by 10:02. From last year and this year’s experience I think it’s best to pick a lower volume game, then after you get seats for that you can just select ‘add more seats” and you don’t have to wait. I got Yankees, Red Sox, Rockies, Twins, and the first sunday game against the White Sox. Also went on the Indians site to pick up a few for an away game in July, went in at 10:30, on by 10:35. Wow rules!!!

by Bill on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:26 am

22. Ooooh. The “add more seats” thing is a nice tactic.

Got 8 for the Saturday game in June vs. the Dodgers. They’re “obstructed view” in the RF stands. Anyone know if that just means they’re behind the foul pole?

by Kyle J on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:29 am

23. If you keep getting the “virtual waiting room”, open another browser. I have Firefox and Internet Explorer. It doubles the chance of getting in quicker.

Might be a little lated for doing this, but remember the trick next time.

by Mark from Troy on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:38 am

24. Does this mean sold out?

“We’re sorry, we were unable to process your request due to high transaction volumes. Please try to submit your request again.”

by Greg on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:42 am

25. I’m in the window (not the 15 second thing), but it gives the message above, even when I try for one ticket.

This is terriby frustrating after 105 minutes of waiting.

by Greg on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:45 am

26. And done. Maybe I need to move back to Detroit.

by Greg on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:52 am

27. Just keep hitting the continue Greg. Best to go with “Best Available” seats.

by Mark from Troy on Mar 1, 2008 at 11:52 am

28. I heard Jim Price say on the radio that tickets are also available at select Detroit Area Meijer Stores

by gs78 on Mar 1, 2008 at 12:09 pm

29. I had to leave for my son’s basketball game and just left my virtual waiting room open. I swung by Hockeytown Authentics about noon and there were probably 50 people in line. I came home and my virtual waiting room had let me in. Got tickets for the other 2 games I wanted.

by billfer on Mar 1, 2008 at 12:44 pm

30. Kyle, from my experience with “obstructed view” in the playoffs in ’06, there’s no pole, but perhaps a railing around the stairs that may be in the way a bit.

by rings on Mar 1, 2008 at 1:01 pm

31. If you have to use Stubhub, try using one of these codes. I’m pretty sure they work on all baseball games:

WEL03081 – $20 off – Expires 4/10/2008

WEL03082 – $20 off – Expires 4/17/2008

WEL04081 – $20 off – Expires 5/15/2008

WEL04082 – $20 off – Expires 5/22/2008

I think there’s other ones out there as well. MLB and Stubhub have a partnership, so I expect there to be deals like this throughout the season. You just have to search around for them.

by Jake on Mar 1, 2008 at 1:46 pm

32. Kyle – The obstructed view seats I had for the World Series in 06 had the foul poul in the way. Not that big of a deal depending what seat you are in.

by Travis in GR on Mar 1, 2008 at 2:17 pm

33. Got in and grabbed 4 seat for 5/5 vs Red Sox in about 10 mins. Not too shabby.

by JML on Mar 1, 2008 at 2:23 pm

34. Looks like one Dodgers blog got a hold of the Inge-to-LA rumor and HATES it:

by Tiiiigers on Mar 1, 2008 at 3:14 pm

35. Jake – Thanks a lot for those StubHub coupons. Great deals.

by Dylan on Mar 1, 2008 at 4:08 pm

36. I got tickets this morning on Stub Hub very easily at about 11:15am. I got very good seats for under original sale price and I didn’t have to wait at all. I purchased two tickets in “section 117 row 5″ for $31 each ($32 is the Tigers price). I’m going to the game against Chicago on Sunday, April 6th at 8:05pm, and I think Verlander will be pitching! I’m VERY EXCITED if you can’t tell.

I just wish I saw those StubHub coupons before. Oh well.

by Garret Craig on Mar 1, 2008 at 5:23 pm

37. I too logged on at five minutes to ten this morning and was met with the virtual waiting room bruhaha…I was starting to get worried 45 minutes into the ordeal but I wound up getting great seats to the 3 games I wanted (on top of the previously purchased 15 game package I already had) all in all not a bad experience but it was a little frustrating at the begining… A small price to pay for supporting our Kitties!!!!!

by motorcitykitty on Mar 2, 2008 at 1:54 am

38. I got a couple of obstructed views in right and left.
    Anyone ever sat in Kaline’s corner?
    Probably just the foul poles right?

by Dave T. on Mar 3, 2008 at 11:24 am

39. Dave,
    Yes, foul poles can be a problem over there, but not always.
    I once sat in Kaline’s corner, row 30, seat 1, and there was not a problem with the foul pole obstructing my view as I was in the middle of the row. Unfortunately, the people about ten seats down probably had a hard time. Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones.

by Shane Temporarily in Toledo on Mar 3, 2008 at 2:32 pm