My wish list for the Tigers 2008 season. Things like Winning the World Series aren’t on there, because that’s kind of a given. This is merely my list of things I’d like to see that may indicate some success and/or make the season more enjoyable.
- Opening Day doesn’t get rained out. I’m not just being selfish here because I’m going. But the Opener is such a great party, one of the best days in the city.
- Grand Circus Park Garage doesn’t raise prices. The location is great and it was a $5 bargain as recently as 2005. But it was up to $15 last year and probably going higher.
- FSN Detroit beefs up their stats. Please, please give us more than batting average/home runs/RBI. Let’s start with OBP and maybe add slugging as well. I will say they do a good job with pitching stats.
- The fan base doesn’t overreact when the offense has a bad week. It will happen, both the bad week and the overreaction.
- The fan base doesn’t overreact when Todd Jones has a bad week. It will happen, both the bad week and the overreaction.
- That Todd Jones doesn’t have too many bad weeks. ‘Cuz there aren’t a lot of other options.
- Pudge makes bringing him back in 2009 a tough decision. Spring stats are spring stats, but Pudge has been huge this March. A productive Pudge will be a boon to the bottom of the lineup.
- A bunch of teams pass on top prospects due to signability concerns in the draft. Because the farm system needs some top shelf talent.
- That one of the toolsy Latin American minor league players turns into a stud and quickly. (See above) Wilkin Ramirez, Audy Ciriaco, Alexis Espinoza, come on down.
- Rick Porcello has a productive and healthy season. (See Above)
- Curtis Granderson wins a Gold Glove. It means he was healthy, was pretty good defensively, and also had a big offensive season.
- Joel Zumaya hits 100mph on the gun. Not only would it help to have him back full strength, I just think it would be a tremendous shame if 2006 was it for him.
- Jeremy Bonderman pitches 200 innings. If he’s healthy, he’ll be great. If he pitches a full season, it means he’s healthy.
- Another errorless season for Polanco. Let’s keep the streak going.
- The Tigers win everything. Okay, I cheated. I want this World Series. I want a Cy Young. I want an MVP. I want it all.
What’s on your wish list for the 2008 Tigers?