Photo Credit Roger DeWitt
- This picture has nothing to do with the links in the post. I just really liked it. Notice the high socks on Jeremy Bonderman. That has to bode well for the upcoming season. You can see more pictures from Lakeland at both Roger DeWitt’s Flickr page and the new Lakeland Flying Tigers blog. Expect many links to these sites over the next six weeks as they present first hand information from Tiger Town.
- For all the talk of the Tigers being old, they do have some young talent. Including 3 of the top 10 25 year olds in the game.
- Bless You Boys notes the passing of Roy Scheider. After he went fishing for a shark and before he captained Seaquest DSV, Scheider played the role of Tigers right fielder Billy Young in TigerTown. The fictional Tigers legend, who sported the number 6 if I recall correctly, brought joy to a boy who had lost his father.
- Bless You Boys also points us to some archived radio related to the Tigers. No play by play, but a couple of the clips have Paul Carey saying “Tigers Baseball” as only Paul Carey can. Plus, there is this gem, along with Bless You Boys.
- There’s a blog looking back on the 1988 Topps baseball card set. Some recognizable names already have been profiled including: Jim Walewander, Dan Petry, and Lance Parrish.
- Lastly, The Hardball Times Season Preview is now out. I’ll confess that I don’t have a copy yet so I can’t vouch for it. But I do know many of the bloggers on the list, and I’ll be happy to vouch for their work. Included in that list is Brian from Tigerblog who wrote the Tigers section.