Warm wishes

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everybody a happy and healthy holiday season. May you be safe in your travels.

For Tigers fans I think we’ve already received some pretty nice presents. Here’s hoping that Miguel Cabrera’s stocking gets stuffed with a nice fat contract extension in the not-too-distant future.

I also wanted to announce some Christmas presents to DTW readers. I’d like to say thank you to the top 3 commentors on the site in 2007 with a baseball book. First, here are the top 3 commentors ranked by volume:

1. Kathy (1214)
2. Mike R (1048)
3. stephen (926)

Starting in order they will get to choose between The Hardball Times Annual, The Soul of Baseball, and the yet-to-be-released Tigers Corner 2008.

Merry Christmas and the warmest wishes.

Posted by on December 24, 2007.

Categories: 2007 Season

1. Merry Christmas Billfer, Mrs. Billfer and the little Billfers. There is much to be thankful for today: not just winning a book, but also just receiving a phone call with a job offer. Maybe now I won’t have so much time on my hands to chat. But maybe now, I’ll be able to attend some of the Tigers games this summer.

Have a glorious holiday, everyone!!

by Kathy on Dec 24, 2007 at 9:46 am

2. Congratulations to the three All Stars on this team. I’d be curious to know who the next six are. Then we could discuss how to set the lineup to get the highest PPG ratio (Posts Per Game) for the upcoming season.

Happy Holidays.

by Vince in MN on Dec 24, 2007 at 10:44 am

3. Happy holidays to the Billfer family and Tiger fans everywhere!

Congratulations for the good news too, Kathy.

by Ben in Denver on Dec 24, 2007 at 11:46 am

4. Merry Christmas everyone!

by Walewander on Dec 24, 2007 at 3:24 pm

5. merry xmas everyone

hey bilfer, how about a complete list of comment leaders?

by Jim on Dec 24, 2007 at 6:12 pm

6. Merry Christmas, Bilfer! And a Merry Christmas to all Tigers fans!

by K-man on Dec 24, 2007 at 6:32 pm

7. Yes. Let’s see the complete list. How poor a showing did I put up after my comments championship last year? Hopefully, both the Tigers and I will have big bounceback seasons next year.

Merry Christmas to all. It sure was fun opening up that Cabrera/Willis present a little early.

by Kyle J on Dec 24, 2007 at 10:48 pm

8. Merry Christmas Everyone! Congrats on the job Kathy. That’s one less unemployed Michiganian for 2007 :)

by Andrew on Dec 25, 2007 at 10:24 am

9. What? no prize for the most astute comments?

merry christmas.

by jim-mt on Dec 25, 2007 at 11:31 am

10. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a great 2008!

by Steve in OH on Dec 25, 2007 at 12:35 pm

11. Merry Christmas And Happy New Year. Hopefully, it will be the Year Of The Tiger!

by ron on Dec 25, 2007 at 2:05 pm

12. Happy Holidays everyone!

by David on Dec 25, 2007 at 5:12 pm

13. PS Billfer if you have the tabs as Vince said I’d be curious to know the top 10 or so

Go Tigers!

by David on Dec 25, 2007 at 5:13 pm

14. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Bill.

Congrats on the new job, Kathy, and the book, too!

by Scott on Dec 25, 2007 at 8:26 pm

15. Merry Christmas, everyone.

by Mike R on Dec 25, 2007 at 10:35 pm

16. Happy Christmas my fellow Tiger fans. Thanks for another great year Billfer. And heres looking forward to a great ’08!

Congrats to the mega-posters.

by Joey the K on Dec 25, 2007 at 11:02 pm

17. Congrats Kathy (on the job and the new book)!

Christmas and New Years are just another hurdle to get over before spring training can begin ;-) Woot!

by tiff on Dec 26, 2007 at 10:13 am

18. Thanks, tiff. Hold off on the job congrats, however. I filled out the application and then the head of nursing hung on to it, so I haven’t heard anything since. Maybe their checking my references? Sure hope so. Can you imagine the excitement when SP finally does start in only a few more weeks? All our new players that will be out there.

btw, Stephen, you must be having a great ‘ol holiday cause we sure haven’t heard a word from you lately.

by Kathy on Dec 26, 2007 at 10:20 am

19. An expanded list will be coming in the DTW year in review post. That will probably be later this week.

by billfer on Dec 26, 2007 at 10:49 am

20. happy holidays to all. kathy, sadly been traveling for work all over the country so less time for egg nog and tigers talk.

by Stephen on Dec 26, 2007 at 11:24 pm

21. Happy Holiays, Stephen! Sorry you’re so busy but it’s nice to know all is OK in your world aside from workaholism.

by Kathy on Dec 28, 2007 at 4:37 pm

22. Congrats Kathy! Happy Holidays all. Billfer – my sincerest thanks for running this thing. I’m 100% open to donating. Works well for Newburg.

by Kevin in Austin on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:06 am

23. (should have been “Newberg” aka Jamey Newberg – runs an email list for the Texas Rangers – while I was born in Detroit, I grew up in Arlington – but anyway, I much prefer DTW and the Tiger talk.)

by Kevin in Austin on Dec 29, 2007 at 12:10 am