More great stuff from Jon Paul Morosi in the Freep today as he catches up with Dave Dombrowski at the conclusion of the GM meetings.
The cliff notes are:
- The Tigers made an offer to Kenny Rogers and are waiting on Scott Boras at this point
- The Tigers have contacted agents of Mariano Rivera and Francisco Cordero
- The Tigers contacted the Astros about Brad Lidge, but talks were never serious.
- On the possibility of being close to making a deal Dombrowski said ““I don’t know. We’ll find out. We’ve had a lot of discussions.”
- Dombrowski was talking up left handed outfielders Matt Joyce and Clete Thomas. I don’t know if this is because the Tigers think Joyce/Thomas could help at some point this year, or if they are trying to downplay their interest in left handed hitting outfielders, or if they are trying to boost the stock of their own prospects for a trade.
- Maybin is now healthy but won’t play the last week of the AFL season.
One more thing
This doesn’t deserve a post because I know you the reader probably don’t really care, but this is just a quick follow up to the McCosky article. He hasn’t responded to email attempts to reach him (one sent Saturday, another sent Monday), nor has the Detroit News sports editor (an email was sent Monday). He also hasn’t identified which blogs were having a field day speculating. Those are the facts. I’m done with it now.