links for 2007-10-07

Posted by on October 7, 2007.

Categories: Links

1. Congratulations on making the Top 25 Bill. You deserve it. It was good to see kurt make the list too.

I’m not sure why ThisBlogSox is #1 ahead of Baseball Musings and some of the other top blogs. I just looked at it and it seems pretty run of the mill.

by Lee Panas on Oct 7, 2007 at 3:02 pm

2. I can’t figure out why Verlander’s not one of the TYIB starters this year…

I mean, why?

by Adam on Oct 7, 2007 at 5:05 pm

3. Oh. Cool. I hadn’t even heard about this. Congrats Bilfer!

But Lee and Ian both deserve it to be there I gotta say!

by Kurt on Oct 7, 2007 at 5:43 pm

4. I’m surprised to see Carlos name those 3 shortstops. I think the most “haveable” guy is Edgar Renteria. The Braves have an up-and-comer that looks for real.

Vizquel will be 41, no thanks. Itzuris and Wilson have never hit. We already have Santiago, and he batted .284.

Renteria or nothing.

by Coach Jim on Oct 8, 2007 at 2:36 pm

5. I agree with Coach Jim.

And, I disagree with running a site labeled FireJimLeyland.com. Managers mean nothing strategically. But Fire Joe Morgan on the other hand….

by Chris Y. on Oct 8, 2007 at 7:38 pm

6. I agree with Coach Jim.

That was made after one of the numerous times in which Jim Leyland made a series of terrible decisions. But, I encourage you to give it a gander. I didn’t want to make a whole new blog simply to look at the SS position for the Tigers. It’s real interesting.

by Mike R on Oct 8, 2007 at 10:24 pm

7. Congrats Billfer! And let me clarify something i said earlier: I was advocating the thread going where the thread goes, vis a vis baseball; i.e. if the post starts on Pudge and moves to Inge organically, that seems fine.
    I am NOT in favor of the thread taking us to gender politics, dianetics, or odes to Dane Cook.

by Stephen on Oct 9, 2007 at 10:51 am

8. AROD’s agent hints that AROD will opt-out!

by greg on Oct 9, 2007 at 11:27 pm

9. Enough with A Rod. We need a fiery leader on this team who is going to get into the heads of these players when play is going south. I’m tired of watching players walking around like robots. This team has no personality. Watch when Leyland walks to the mound to change pitchers. Pudge and the boys are standing there like obedient sons waiting for daddy to come home. A Rod is not the answer. I think Leyland has such a grip on this team that his management style has gotten in the way of the team playing loose and enjoying themselves.

by ron on Oct 11, 2007 at 12:51 pm

10. there is only one reason why we didn’t make the playoffs this year – our pitching

thats it

if bondo would have continued his year in the second half and robertson would have pitched better we would be in the playoffs

ordonez wasn’t loose?
    polanco?
    guillen?
    granderson?
    shef(when healthy)?
    casey?
    inge?
    pudge?
    lf platoon of thames and raburn?

i think for the most part the offense did the job

verlander was much better than i thought (yay!)

we had half a season of a healthy bonderman and half a season of him stupidly playing through pain were i think he won what? 1 game?

we were w/o kenny for most of the year

nate was not his nateness until the end of the year IMO (tired arm)

durbin wasn’t too bad neither was miner or JJ

but the big 3 after verlander from last year had crapier years plus our bullpen was a mess for most of the year

we still managed 88 wins

88 wins with one horse

as Borat would say “VERY NICE”

by David on Oct 11, 2007 at 1:09 pm

11. but not quite nice enough…

by David on Oct 11, 2007 at 1:11 pm

12. Re: the 101 Best Blogs. I can’t believe how truly bad #1 is. Puts the whole enterprise into ?

by BaseballinDC on Oct 11, 2007 at 3:33 pm