links for 2007-06-26

by billfer on June 26, 2007 · 8 comments

in Links

{ 8 comments }

Kyle J June 26, 2007 at 2:22 pm

As much as any mention of the Cardinals makes all of our stomachs wretch, they’re a classy, top-notch organization and I’m glad Mike landed there. He’s officially now my favorite active non-/ex-Tiger.

T Smith June 26, 2007 at 2:48 pm

I am very anxious to learn who we are getting, with some trepidation that this may be a lopsided deal…

I hope that’s not the case, but the waiting game doesn’t help.

Congrats, Mike on the great debut.

Chris Y. June 26, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Looks like Maroth had a single, a steal (!), and a sacrifice last night to go along with one run on two hits in 7 1/3 innings versus the Mets last night. Nice first outing.

Bullpen blew the ultimate outcome of that performance, though. Maroth must feel right at home…

Kyle J June 26, 2007 at 4:18 pm

Magglio has moved into second place in AL all-star voting for outfielders!

I’d also note that the vote totals lend some credence to my theory that the Tigers are building a big/rabid enough fan base to evenutally compete with the Yankees and Boston in payroll.

With the exception of C-Mo, every Tiger is in the top 3 at his position (or top 9 at OF, in the case of Sheffield). In fact, here are the only players who could break the NY/Boston/Detroit stranglehold on positions 1-3:

1B: Morneau
SS: Tejada/Cabrera (not sure we can count Lugo, given how bad he’s been this year)
C: Mauer
OF: Guererro/Ichiro/Hunter/Sizemore (looking at the top 9 for OF)

Stuffing all-star voting boxes or voting multiple times on-line seems like a step beyond just buying tickets because the Tigers happen to be winning right now.

Matt June 26, 2007 at 4:48 pm

I hope he finds his place in St. Louis, he deserves it.

Dave Wagner June 26, 2007 at 6:10 pm

Rodney’s back on the DL. Yawn.

David June 26, 2007 at 7:54 pm

Really really sad that we had to lose him for probably nothing, I still stand by what I said, he’s going to be very good within the ne xt year or so. Maybe the Cards will really help him and do the same they did with Carpenter after he came over from the Jays.

Mike R June 26, 2007 at 8:24 pm

On the field, he’s replaceable. But he really does seem like a class act and I wish him the best. We (and by ‘we’, i mean ‘I’) get caught up in the numbers of baseball and who’s expendable but he’s really a great guy and all the numbers that are constantly swirling around baseball topics cloud the fact that Mike Maroth is a quality human being.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site