links for 2007-04-27

April 26, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Interesting Note on Bondo so far this year:

His ERA in the 1st inning>>> 12.60
    His ERA in innings 2 & 3>>> 3.60
    His ERA in the innings 4 – 6 >>> 0.00
    His ERA Innings 7-9>>> 2.25

Shades of Jack Morris, get to him early.

I checked last year also, but those numbers didn’t correlate to the trend this year.

2006:
    His ERA in the 1st inning>>> 3.71
    His ERA in innings 2 & 3>>> 2.65
    His ERA in the innings 4 – 6 >>> 5.34
    His ERA Innings 7-9>>> 5.09

-Sam

2. Jeff M

April 27, 2007 at 12:47 am

Would the Tigers cough up Nate Robertson and more for Salty?

No way.

I don’t care if that kid is shaping up to make Pudge look like Mitch Meluskey. There’s no way you trade an healthy, established, left handed middle rotation guy for a prospect when you’re poised to make a couple runs at the Series.

If they’re looking for some pitching prospects, we can talk, because we certainly need to do something about that position, but there’s no way you take a guy out of your rotation like that.

3. Jeff M

April 27, 2007 at 12:49 am

Detnews.com:
    Troy Percival treats Tiger wives to $120,000 Comerica Park suite

4. Kyle J

April 27, 2007 at 7:55 am

Interesting that Monroe is so high on the clutch leaderboard. Certainly, I would have expected it based on his performance last year, but I don’t remember too many key hits so far this year.

I remember looking at Bonderman’s performance by inning early last year and noting he tended to get beat up in the first inning and then be very good in subsequent innings. Maybe he corrected that later in the year; if so, hopefully he can repeat the correction this year.

5. Ken from Jersey

April 27, 2007 at 9:50 am

Jeff M hit the nail on the head about the Nate-Salty speculation. Why would a team trying to return to the Series give up a top starter for a prospect? If the Tigers did, I would be rendered unconscious from my head hitting the wall.

Not to mention I’ve really enjoyed watching Nate develop and become a big fan of the way he battles.

6. Bix

April 27, 2007 at 9:50 am

The “clutch” ratings are interesting — especially given all the discussion lately — as it shows the two Tigers that I’d personally label as having been “clutch” in the last year toward the top of the list: Polly and C-Mo. If you look at last season, C-Mo is by far the highest rated Tiger, which I think fits again. I don’t claim to understand the win probability algorithms, but the result seems to fit with my mental mathematics as a fan…

7. Mike R

April 27, 2007 at 2:08 pm

I definitely understand where you two are coming from on the Salty-Nate Rob trade. As a deadline deal, i wouldn’t like it. If Kenny didn’t have the blod clot incident (I’m not counting on him for anything this season, at all) it’d be a different story.

I like the deal for the offseason, though. I love Robertson and he’s my favorite Tigers pitcher by far, but I’d pull the trigger on this in the offseason. But that’s unlikely that the Braves still have Salty by the time the Winter Meetings come around.