PREGAME: Interesting match-up of young pitchers tonight with Justin Verlander taking on Adam Loewen.
Verlander is coming off a start in which he limited the Royals to one unearned run on 2 hits. It wasn’t a perfect outing though with 5 walks.
Loewen was the 4th overall pick in the 2002 draft. The left hander went 5 innings in his first start this year allowing 2 runs on 5 hits, 3 walks, and 2 K’s.
With the left-hander on the mound, the Tigers will bat Ivan Rodriguez lead-off. Luckily his foot is feeling good enough to keep him in the lineup. It will also be the debut of Marcus Thames at first base.
Game Time 7:05. This one is on FSN +. The channel number will vary by your provider, but a complete listing can be found at Fox’s website.
Kind of tired after that one. So I’ll let the graph tell most of the story.
- Great outing by Verlander who was money, save for a blip where he couldn’t get the ball down.
- Great outing by Fernando Rodney who seems to have gotten his groove back.
- Great outing by Wil Ledezma who has been awesome. I’d love for him to be able to slide into the rotation
- Brandon Inge looked great in his first two plate appearances and awful in his last 3
- Thank you Craig Monroe!
- Here’s hoping Mike Maroth can make it through 6 tomorrow. The pen consists of Mesa and Zumaya tomorrow night. (Seay can probably go again and Jonesy will if need be)