Tuesday Linking

by billfer on January 23, 2007 · 6 comments

in Former Tigers,Minors,Tiger History

Short and sweet…

{ 6 comments }

Matt in Toledo January 24, 2007 at 9:49 am

Hey Billfer

I had heard de la Cruz had more success as a starter in 2006, so I did a quick spreadsheet showing the splits. I could email it to you if you like, but here’s a link that discusses the improvement

Matt in Toledo January 24, 2007 at 9:50 am
Kyle J January 24, 2007 at 12:24 pm

Attractive but depressing photos of Tiger Stadium. I’ve promised to take my 5-year old son to see the stadium before it’s torn down. (Funny that he’s interested, but he’s asked a couple times now.) Does anyone know if there’s a firm date when that’s going to happen?

Tim D January 24, 2007 at 8:53 pm

“Before, I was coming to the ballpark, and I had a routine,” Logan said. “I was doing everything when I was playing, working before games and after games, even when I was only playing three or four days a week. Then it went down to where I wasn’t playing at all, and things changed. I hate to say ‘they,’ but word got around that I wasn’t working anymore. I was going to the ballpark like, ‘Why do the same thing I was doing when I was playing when I’m not going to play at all?’ ”

You said it all there, Nook. Granderson would die before he said something like that. Brandon Watson is as good a player as Nook. The Nats don’t seem to get that.

jvwalt January 25, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Looking over Nook Logan’s career stats, I have to conclude that he should thank his lucky stars for every day he sits on a major-league bench, putting in time toward a nice pension. There is nothing to indicate that he is, or ever will be, a quality everyday player. His batting averages are marginal, and he has no power. He’s speedy, but he doesn’t get on base. Sure, he had an acceptable BA in the first half of 2005, but he still didn’t walk or hit for power. Even hitting .281, he’s pretty much an offensive zero.

The Nats appear to be strong contenders for the Most Clueless Franchise Award (battling the Royals and Pirates). Projecting Nook Logan as their starting CF is one more piece of evidence in their case.

Matt in Toledo January 25, 2007 at 3:58 pm

To make matters worse for the Nats, there is only one team that is absent from that Top 75 list linked and they are it. At least the Royals and Pirates have their Gordons and McCutcheons.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post:

Switch to our mobile site