I’ll be off to Camden Yards for Thursday’s game against the Orioles. With Southwest flights for $98 roundtrip from Detroit it was just too good an opportunity to pass up.
With that, here’s some reading material:
- Deadspin’s Will Leitch went Pete Rose and is apologizing to Tiger fans for jinxing them in August. (hat tip Mack Avenue Tigers)
- Kurt notes that while there are many applicable comparisons of the 2006 Tigers to the 2005 White Sox, the 2002 A’s may be a better match.
- Big Al makes the case for Kenny Rogers to get some AL MVP love. Al’s realistic about Kenny’s chances, but does make an argument that he should at least receive some consideration.
- Peter Gammons is back. The trade deadline wasn’t the same without him, but he’ll be a part of the post season. I’ve been a long time Gammons fan and it is great to see him back. He’s been very supportive of bloggers and the Tigers. How could I not like him?
- USA Today takes a look at some high impact rookies and has a poll for ROY. Verlander is by far in the lead with just over half the vote. (Thanks to Joel)
- ESPN.com Page 2’s Eric Neel breaks down the race in the least scientific way possible, but he likes the Tigers mojo and uni’s. (I’m pretty sure somebody left this link in the comments a couple days back but I can’t find it now. But thank you)
- And the Tigers look like they’ll be closing out next season in Chicago. The White Sox announced their tentative schedule which concludes with them hosting the Tigers for 3 games.