Game 50: Indians at Tigers

PREGAME: It’s hard to believe that we’re at the 50th game of the season already. After the 4 game set with the Yankees we’ll offically be at the one-third mark of the season.

It is an interesting match-up today with Kenny Rogers taking on the man he replace in the rotation – Jason Johnson. Johnson pitched well against the Tigers two weeks ago, but lost due to a couple unearned runs. Ivan Rodriguez is 11 for 19 lifetime against Johnson, and with Vance Wilson starting last night Pudge will be in the lineup.

Kenny Rogers looks to rebound from his 4 homer outing against the Royals. It won’t be easy against the Indians offense. Throw in the fact that it will be almost 90 with humidity and a breeze today, and it becomes imperative that the ball stays down.

POSTGAME: It was another Sunday shut-out, but not for the good guys. There weren’t many balls hit hard off of Jason Johnson. The few that were, were swallowed up the the Cleveland defense.

Kenny Rogers had another rough, but not awful, outing. It turns out that a shutout wouldn’t have even been enough.

1. Walewander

May 28, 2006 at 11:55 am

I’ve gotta say, I’ve got a bad feeling about this one. Oh, and to whoever said Curtis is becoming their Tiger – I concur. He’s even passing Shelton for me. I’ve got both on my fantasy team (Which is in first!) along with Bonderman and Verlander…

2. chris

May 28, 2006 at 12:02 pm

Yea! Thames is DHing.

3. Lou

May 28, 2006 at 2:09 pm

Yeah, my knowledge of the Tigers is actually becoming a fantasy blessing for me too this year. I have all the starters but Robertson plus Granderson and Shelton. I remember 2003 when I couldn’t bring myself to even draft Higginson with the last pick in the draft.

4. chris

May 28, 2006 at 2:51 pm

Hopefully the Tigers are getting all of the bad play out of their system today in preparation for the Yankees.

5. Dave

May 28, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Ah well, can’t win ’em all. If there’s one to lose; its when Rogers didn’t have his stuff and the hitters were stymied both. Let everyone have an off day.

I’m kind of surprised, though. Jason Johnson didn’t show that kind of effectiveness too often last year.

6. Marshall in DC

May 29, 2006 at 9:48 am

Still won the series though . . .I’m I’m Leyland I have the team focus on that vs. losing a game.

I’ll be happy if we split the Yank Series.