If I must

I hate when bloggers apologize for not blogging for an extended period of time. However, I’m sorry that I haven’t posted this week. I’d like to blame it on work, or other committments, but I can’t. I just don’t have anything to write about right now. The team is fading, the pitching is nonexistent, and even some of the recent bright spots are returning to old ways (6 K’s for Carlos Pena in the last 2 games). And even September call-ups aren’t that exciting. The Tigers are waiting for Toledo to finish the playoffs before raiding the Mud Hens roster. In the meantime the Tigers recalled Doug Creek, and there isn’t much to analyze with the recall of Creek. So I apologize to those of you who came here all week looking for anything.

1. Jeff M

September 3, 2005 at 2:20 am

Actually, I respect that a lot more. There’s nothing wrong with keeping your mouth shut when there’s nothing worth saying. Too many writers will write just for the sake of writing. I’m sure I speak for everyone one when I say that we come here because we know that if anything’s posted, it’s worth reading.

2. Tim D

September 3, 2005 at 10:59 pm

It’s really depressing right now. This team is nowhere near competing until they get a lot better pitching. The Sox weren’t hitting for diddly and then the Tigers come to tow. Ugh.

Plus I have to say I been paying a lot less attention to baseball this week.

3. Jeff

September 5, 2005 at 2:46 am

FWIW, I’m having the same problem.

4. Cathryn

September 5, 2005 at 1:54 pm

Yeah, I kinda know what you mean, but I did kind of enjoy writing a violently angry rant after yesterday’s game which I will require therapy to recover from.

But, yeah, a standard “Oops, we lost again” is barely worth the time it takes to log in.

5. Boston Fan in Michigan